Sponsored by:

Loose headlight wash nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 PM
D1coach
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Loose headlight wash nozzle

Noticed one of the headlight wash spray nozzles was loose on my 09 997. I searched here and found how to re-secure the nozzle on a 997.1 without major surgery by removing the light assembly beneath it but nothing on the 997.2. Indy says bumper cover has to be dropped, couple hours labor. Is there a shortcut ?
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have someone activate the washer while you are standing in front of it. When it pops up, grab it with a shop towel or secure it with some taped vise groups. You may be able to reinsert the nozzle.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by kcheves
Have someone activate the washer while you are standing in front of it. When it pops up, grab it with a shop towel or secure it with some taped vise groups. You may be able to reinsert the nozzle.
I did something similar when removing the chrome caps to have them painted.
Line the area around the nozzle with painters tape or be ready with a microfiber cloth.
Use a hook tool or curved coat hanger to pull up on the nozzle (insert into the cap). It should pull up about 1.5 inches and has vacuum or spring type resistance.
Use a vice grips to hold it in the up position and rest the vice grips on the painters tape or mf towel.
At this point I removed the chrome cap by sticking a small flat screw driver in the release slot. In your case you could scope for damage and replace/repair as necessary.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...comment=174663
Old 12-06-2016, 09:08 PM
D1coach
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 50 Posts

Thank you, much appreciated

Quick Reply: Loose headlight wash nozzle