Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my Stability Control Overactive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 11:50 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Here's something to try: Using the control stalk on the steering wheel you can tell the car which wheels you are currently running, summer, wheel size, etc. I forget the options. Change that setting to something arbitrarily different than it currently is. Then change it right back to the correct settings for your car's tires and wheels. This will cause the computer to relearn the rolling characteristics of the tire/wheel combination.

The bottom line is I'm wondering if the recent change of tires has confused the car about expected rolling diameters. This should cause it to learn the new setup. Maybe it will fix it???? Can't hurt to try I'd think.

In any case, it's not normal. If that doesn't fix it, I think it would be time to get the pros to check it out. It doesn't sound like something I'd want the car routinely doing.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Ghost Ryder
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StormRune
Here's something to try: Using the control stalk on the steering wheel you can tell the car which wheels you are currently running, summer, wheel size, etc. I forget the options. Change that setting to something arbitrarily different than it currently is. Then change it right back to the correct settings for your car's tires and wheels. This will cause the computer to relearn the rolling characteristics of the tire/wheel combination.

The bottom line is I'm wondering if the recent change of tires has confused the car about expected rolling diameters. This should cause it to learn the new setup. Maybe it will fix it???? Can't hurt to try I'd think.

In any case, it's not normal. If that doesn't fix it, I think it would be time to get the pros to check it out. It doesn't sound like something I'd want the car routinely doing.
Thx. I'll give it a shot. Interesting that I'm not the only one experiencing this odd behavior.

Quick Reply: Is my Stability Control Overactive?