Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definitive answer...do the sport seats have more shoulder room?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 08:47 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Definitive answer...do the sport seats have more shoulder room?

So I have the electric comfort seats and they are too narrow for my shoulders. I'm 6'3 with fairly wide shoulders and they pinch at the top. They hit me right at my shoulder blade instead of cradling the outside of my arm/shoulder.

I've looked and it seems I've read different opinions on which seat has more shoulder room. The sport adaptive seats APPEAR to have a wider shoulder area, but I'm not sure.

Can someone please help me out? There are no cars close to me with these seats to try out. On verge of switching out to the sport adaptive seat but worried they won't help the situation.

​​​​​
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Sorry - don't have an answer but I wouldn't make your decision based on an answer here - you need to go sit in the seat. Maybe a member here lives near and could let you try.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:24 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by sadcaper
So I have the electric comfort seats and they are too narrow for my shoulders. I'm 6'3 with fairly wide shoulders and they pinch at the top. They hit me right at my shoulder blade instead of cradling the outside of my arm/shoulder.
I'm 5'10", 155 lbs and wear a 42 sport coat. I do not fit in 'comfort' seats and would not buy a car with them. Meanwhile, my ***'s are all day comfortable. IMO there's no doubt that sport seats have more shoulder room and are more comfortable for those with flat, broad shoulders.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
I'm 5'10", 155 lbs and wear a 42 sport coat. I do not fit in 'comfort' seats and would not buy a car with them. Meanwhile, my ***'s are all day comfortable. IMO there's no doubt that sport seats have more shoulder room and are more comfortable for those with flat, broad shoulders.
+1

I'm 6'1" 200 and my wife's car has the comforts and they're not comfortablessed for me. My car came with them too, and I swapped them out for ASSP versions which are so much better, especially in the shoulder area. The comfort seats hit me right between the shoulder blades, whereas the adaptives wrap around up there for much better support.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:09 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

I thought I was the only one not fitting comfortably in the "comfort" seats. I have exactly the same problem with my back feeling pinched. I am 5'10" 175 lbs and had worked out in my youth. I just thought that my god-like physique merited this curse. Seriously, comfort seat sucks... I would have swapped the seats out long ago if it weren't for the ventilated function, which I love.

Quick Reply: Definitive answer...do the sport seats have more shoulder room?