Sponsored by:

Change amplifier ASK by Bose system

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,647 Likes on 983 Posts

Very impressive. Finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

I am struggling with one design issue that it appears you solved by not hooking up the rear speakers. I there another mono/line out from that socket set for a sub signal?

I think I want a 5 channel amp (or 6?) to power the Fronts (dash+door), Rear (rear side) and the 5th to power my existing Bose sub (or 5/6 to power each of the two small sub speakers)...... The trick, is where to I get the signal for the sub channel? Hmmmmm

I can easily mod the Bose sub and wire directly to the speakers inside the enclosure. I know this sub is not the greatest but biggggg boooommmming base is not important to me... just some fill down there is fine. Or I just ditch it as I have 8" Focal drivers in the doors..... I am sure they will go low enough.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 11-02-2016, 01:26 PM
PapaC4S
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

The PCM only has RF/LF RR/LR, no sub output. You will need a DSP to set the frequency boost, hi/lo filters and time delay for the front speakers and the sub.

If you keep the stock speakers, you will need to re-connect the wiring from the BOSE harness to your new amps. I would not recommend that. I put in new wiring and new speakers that can handle some decent power. I went with three Mosconi amps that fit nicely in the bottom of the frunk. A 120.4 to drive 120 watts each to the tweeters and the midranges. A 240.2 to drive 240 watts to each door woofer. A 240.2 bridged that put 680 watts to the sub. Nice clean and tight bass all around.

If you want to keep the rear speakers and the stock front speakers, you will need 7 channels from a new amp setup: 2 for the rears, 2 for the front combo of mid/tweet that are wired together, 2 for the door woofers, and 1 for the sub.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:36 AM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Guys my BOSE burned up the. crapped out and I was told to go AVIC8000NEX and NavTv MOST-HUR and I'm back in the game? My BOSE enclosure stinks can I get another or is there a better alternative?

Quick Reply: Change amplifier ASK by Bose system