Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Map Update for 997.1 - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM
coquitlam1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is PCM 2.1 SW 4.0 same as SW 4.1? or they are different?
anyone knows about this?
Old 04-03-2017, 05:17 AM
renncayman
Instructor

This is a cheaper alternative, and discs are OEM:

http://www.climarepair.com/navigatio...etCurrencyId=2
Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Kempoca
4th Gear

Default DVD maps

climarepair.com America DVD maps were $92 last week. Today $129.
Suckers...
Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 AM
DB's997
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation distances in meters, not feet

I got the navigation system working in my new to me 2010 Carrera S yesterday. I was a bit disappointed to hear/see distances in units of meters instead of feet. I searched the PCM navigation manual and did not find any mention of how to change the units. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:37 PM
LeNoah
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you need two discs to update? Have an 06 C2S with original maps. There is a used 2015 disc for sale but I have seen threads where a CD AND a DVD were used for the update. Also I've seen some postings say it is very complicated and should be done by the dealer.

Would like to do the update but would like to get it right the first time.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:52 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by renncayman
This is a cheaper alternative, and discs are OEM:

http://www.climarepair.com/navigatio...etCurrencyId=2
Originally Posted by Kempoca
climarepair.com America DVD maps were $92 last week. Today $129.
Suckers...

Not suspicious at all.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by DB's997
I got the navigation system working in my new to me 2010 Carrera S yesterday. I was a bit disappointed to hear/see distances in units of meters instead of feet. I searched the PCM navigation manual and did not find any mention of how to change the units. Does anyone know how to do this?
You can set units to metric or imperial, cant remember where in the menu, but it´s definitely possible.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Row
AutoX

I been wanting to update the maps on my 06 Carrera S and was wondering if the update disc also updates the graphics of the pcm? Did anyone who did update their maps notice a significant difference? If so can you post pictures.

This will help me decide to keep the Stock porsche stereo or just move on to a aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and navigation.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,259 Likes on 790 Posts

The graphics don't change with the update.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:36 AM
YellowDragon
Advanced

Unfortunately I'm not as lucky!

I got the America 2015 Maps Update PCM 2.1 from Clima Repair and it didn't work!

It's a 2007 997.1 GT3 with PCM software version of 4.0 and a level of 05395xxx.

According to their instruction, base on this level, PCM firmware update kit is not needed and I only got the map. I followed the instruction by taking out the old map DVD from the drive in trunk and inserted with the new map DVD. The screen prompted 'update' and I clicked yes. When it's all done, the map showed up ok but when I tried the get a direction to test it out, it kept prompting, 'unable to read disc'.

I emailed Clima Repair team and they recommended to get a DVD drive cleaner. I got one from Amazon and tried to clean the drive as recommended but I still get the same 'unable to read' messages. I emailed them again and have not heard from them since.

Not sure what I did wrong? Maybe I should get the firmware update kit?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowDragon
Unfortunately I'm not as lucky!

I got the America 2015 Maps Update PCM 2.1 from Clima Repair and it didn't work!

It's a 2007 997.1 GT3 with PCM software version of 4.0 and a level of 05395xxx.

According to their instruction, base on this level, PCM firmware update kit is not needed and I only got the map. I followed the instruction by taking out the old map DVD from the drive in trunk and inserted with the new map DVD. The screen prompted 'update' and I clicked yes. When it's all done, the map showed up ok but when I tried the get a direction to test it out, it kept prompting, 'unable to read disc'.

I emailed Clima Repair team and they recommended to get a DVD drive cleaner. I got one from Amazon and tried to clean the drive as recommended but I still get the same 'unable to read' messages. I emailed them again and have not heard from them since.

Not sure what I did wrong? Maybe I should get the firmware update kit?
Did you ever get this resolved? I got the fw update cds from climarepair, but the do nothing, my pcm doesnt recognize them. Im atv level A so need to so need to upgrade to B. Maybe i can just try the new 2015 map dvd, but will probably end up just like you.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:29 PM
YellowDragon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvetteboy6988
Did you ever get this resolved? I got the fw update cds from climarepair, but the do nothing, my pcm doesnt recognize them. Im atv level A so need to so need to upgrade to B. Maybe i can just try the new 2015 map dvd, but will probably end up just like you.
No, unfortunately the updated CD map from Climrepair never worked. I even got the firmware update CDs from them and they seemed to install fine. However the map just never worked before & after firmware upgrade and I'm always getting this 'Unable to read' message on screen.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

At least for me the new 2015 DVD map disk from climarepair, which looked to be genuine, worked, even without the FW upgrade. It does however show in the bottom banner when on the NAV screen "incompatible navigation software". So at least I can use my nav now, as the previous owner didnt leave the nav disk. But I am out the $50 for the FW updates CD's. as they do nothing, and my PCM says "CD unreadable" and "not audio cd".
I questioned John Cobra at climarepair before hand if all disks were genuine porsche, and he never replied, the FW disks (3) I recieved from him where copies. And I have also read that those who got the actual porsche update only had 2 disks, not 3.
John isnt returning my emails, or crediting me for the faulty disks, very unprofessional.

I would try them in the DVD unit, as some have mentioned on the Cayenne, but at this point I dont want to brick my PCM, as its easy to do if you do something wrong, and so far the NAV disk is working.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowDragon
No, unfortunately the updated CD map from Climrepair never worked. I even got the firmware update CDs from them and they seemed to install fine. However the map just never worked before & after firmware upgrade and I'm always getting this 'Unable to read' message on screen.
Hello YellowDragon,

Please send us a message with your order number so we can offer you further assistance on this. Porsche updates can get a bit tricky sometimes.

BTW, whats your car model and year of manufacture?

Regards, John
Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 PM
YellowDragon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello YellowDragon,

Please send us a message with your order number so we can offer you further assistance on this. Porsche updates can get a bit tricky sometimes.

BTW, whats your car model and year of manufacture?

Regards, John
Message sent. Thank you for reaching out.

Quick Reply: Navigation Map Update for 997.1 - PCM 2.1