Sponsored by:

PSE question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:49 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Keep in mind...

I got Sharkwerks center bypass on top of PSE, and I'm glad I did overall; but here's a subtle point that you'll rarely hear shared.

First, if you don't have PSE or any quality exhaust mod on your 997 911/s; well, that kinda really sucks! .. because I honestly feel Porsche made the sound too muted for the 997.1 & .2

If you do have PSE, count your blessings for two reasons. One, you can relax when you want to and leave it off and you can enjoy the Refined boosted sound when it is on. Two, I'd like to emphasize "refined here". Porsche did a masterful job with the PSE. Power delivery is accompanied by a smooth note with an overallexperience of fluidity that can only be tarnished with ANYother exhaust mod you may decide to add. That said, the PSE is still a bit too muted...and I believe a further mod (like Sharkwerks center muffler bypass) would be a nice step in the right direction. Unfortunately, you will loose a bit of that magical refined fluidity that Porsche provided. For that reason, the carbon fiber air intake by fabspeed is attractive since you can put it in or take it out of your car in minutes whenever you'd like to get back to stock. Fabspeeds unit really increases internal cabin sound more than it does outwardly radiated sound.

In the end, I have yet to drive a 911 without PSE and not Wish it had one. PSE is a MUST imo. And the take away.. be careful with your mods as I believe you do loose a masterfully balanced refinement from Porsche which dependending on how extreme you go, might be something you'll dearly miss. Goodluck with your choices.

Originally Posted by OKB
seems to me the pse is a waste of money. it doesnt provide any performance advantage, costs alot of money, only purpose is to sound louder sometimes. I would buy exhaust parts that make hp, improve exhaust flow. Sounds good all the time.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 AM
yashagrawal
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, for the moment I want to keep the car fully stock, so dont plan to add sharkwerks bypass.

Quick Reply: PSE question