Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: icarsoft POR II diagnostic scanner

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 03:37 PM
93Jaffe
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

So I gather this is the most cost effective tool for resetting airbag light and service reminders? Thank you to everyone confirming functionally
Old 01-25-2020, 10:28 PM
Mr. Clean
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just tagging on here. Finished my first oil change and whipped the icarsoft POR v 2.0 I snagged off Amazon and reset the maintenance interval and fixed the airbag light I caused myself while painting the center console. There was a couple hitches to overcome but super simple. Update the firmware, and make sure the plug is inserted right! If you get a failure to communicate, wiggle the plug!
The following users liked this post:
FlatsixS (01-26-2020)
Old 02-23-2024, 05:09 PM
aasilvia
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Not sure if this is the official Por II Icarsoft thread, but I just picked one of these up and am hoping it will calibrate my steering angle sensor on a 997.1 non S. I'm getting a PSM failure after changing my steering wheel and I think it's due to me misaligning the clockspring when I put the new wheel on.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:35 PM
aasilvia
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Just a quick update, but looks like the POR II Icarsoft unit does not allow you to reset the steering angle indicated by 'steering angle reset'. Even though the option is in the display. Kind of frustrating since everything was working fine until I decided to change the steering wheel to an aftermarket Momo unit. In and of itself, not really the issue as there's plenty of folks here that have done that modification. The issue for me though is that I inadvertently misaligned the clockspring when I removed the OEM wheel.

I do have a post covering my attempt to fix the misaligned clockspring, but that too hasn't solved this problem. Outside of buying and trying other reset devices like Durametric or PIWIS, I'll have to bring this one to a shop for a repair.

Quick Reply: Review: icarsoft POR II diagnostic scanner