Sponsored by:

Sibling Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 04:44 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sibling Assistance

Afrer being on the charger for 2 days it appears battery is done. Changing the battery cable as I'm sure that is the real issue here.

Glad the Panny was up to help me out this morning.

I thought it was my alternator but my Indy thinks the cable is not allowing battery to get charged as a result. Not to mention the hot start issue that plagues these cars.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:59 AM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car back yesterday from FD Motorsports. I cannot stress enough to everyone how important replacing that battery cable is. Not only did I have a hard time starting the car when hot, but it caused my alternator to fail, and my battery due to, as we believe, is the cable deteriating over time.

New Battery, Cable, Alternator and the car is now starting as it should. NO more worries about starting the car when hot or battery running out. If you have an original cable and the car is starting rough when hot....CHANGE THAT CABLE.

I paid just a bit more that what the dealer quoted for just the cable and got the following done as well...

New Battery
New Alternator
New Cable
Oil Change
Filter Clean ( K & N )
Throttle Body Cleaning

All done for a bit more than JUST THE CABLE from the dealer!!! Darin is great and I'm glad he is my neighbor!!! =)

Also found my tranny seal is leaking yet again from the seal where the shaft meets the tranny. That's covered under warranty thank goodness and that is getting done next weekend.

Very happy FD Motorsports Customer.

Quick Reply: Sibling Assistance