Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 04:26 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a cluttered garage but it is heated and insulated. I do need to do the floor someday. This what happens when you work on cars and race for 40+ years. You collect a few tools. OK a lot of tools plus a wood shop. Plus a barn full of cars and parts. Yes I have it bad.
Attached Images    
Old 09-11-2016, 05:36 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't forget to add a few of these to the ceiling, there $25 each at Lowes and have a 30ft cord. I absolutely loath wild and free extension cords.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus add in a reel for air keeps the air hose in check. One wall with peg board with a shelf about 7 foot up that circles the garage with hand me down cabinets. plenty of parts bins and a glass bead cabinet. Power washer, welder, bench grinder, floor jack, jack stands. Oh and the most important thing is the 6.1 hand me down stereo for the Ipod.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Air & power from the ceiling is a must!
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by wc11
Air & power from the ceiling is a must!
I'm sooo jealous it almost hurts... love your floor, which is my next step, but I have a question for you guys...

For those that used such product as in the picture above .... do you prepare your cement floor before putting this on top of it??? Reason for asking it that we use our garage year round which in Canada means winter and winter salt. I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.... the salty water certainly makes its way under that flooring onto the cement, and salt eats cement.

So do you live in no winter wonderland??? do you just avoid parking in the garage in the winter, or did you treat it to protect it against the salt???? Or maybe you never thought of it or just don't care???

Thanks and the jealous comment is sadly true 😍
Old 08-29-2019, 01:24 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 115 Posts

Will comment since I started the thread and have since added another 3 “summer” cars to my already crammed four car garage... and we get plenty of snow out here...

Approach for me is to not park winter cars (Toyota FJ and Volvo XC60) in the garage. It sounds counter-intuitive but it works out a lot better to have the winter cars parked outside and avoid having snow and salt drip off the cars into the garage...I believe it is also better for the winter cars too...

The downside is dealing with snow build up on windshields etc. In very cold periods it also puts the battery at risk.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

lots of awesome ideas already mentioned. Some garages here are very pristine with no clutter... where do you store your junk??? Unfortunately between my wifes school teaching supplies, Christmas decorations, misc car parts, motorcycle parts and equipment... I needed a lot of storage. Over did it with cabinets, I think I have about 10 storage cabinets, but I did not like looking at clutter on open shelves and wanted everything hidden behind a cabinet door. It's still a bit cluttered with memorabilia and photos, but it's a work in progress!

when I put a lift in I will have to move some cabinets and get rid of a lot of stuff. if I put the lift on the single car garage opening side. Hind sight is 20/20. So this is great that you are planning it out now. I agree with all the suggestions already made... Get yourself some Porsche Flags and also a good Cordless leaf blower to blow all that dust out of there every couple weeks.

Oh yeah, not seen here, but for some reason I also collect Porsche magazines, so I had to add a Book shelf for magazines, mechanics manual and misc Porsche books that I always seem to get on birthdays and Christmas from family and friends. Bookshelf is now behind my porsche flag under the OEM front bumper. Looking forward to seeing your garage done. Sounds like it's gonna look sweet !!

Old 08-29-2019, 09:20 AM
4Driver4
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 278 Posts

Off topic forum?

Quick Reply: Garage ideas