Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Clutch - Creaking sound with pedal and high rev disengagement

Hello 997ers

Couple of questions.

I'm hearing a creaking sound as I depress the clutch pedal. Anyone experience this and is there something I need to lube or replace?

Also, sometimes when revs hit 6k or higher, when I depress the clutch it seems the disengagement is rough. Hard to describe. Like the engine rpm doesn't fall off fast enough as I move into another gear.

In terms of background, many years ago the original owner had the RMS seal replaced but the clutch was not replaced as it was found to be like new. I wonder if the IMS seal was part of the issue and leaking there might be effecting the clutch. I've regularly bled the clutch which is a pain. Overall the clutch force remains light and works fine below 5k and the high rev issue isn't that noticeable or always present.

Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:00 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a clutch assist spring which will creak/squeak. I think they advise not to lube it but I don't see how squirting a little something on it could hurt. Mine was doing it for a while but stopped (or I got used it and don't notice anymore).

I know what you mean about the occasional shift feeling rough on disengagement. Not quite sure what causes that but it's something to do with technique. I think maybe if I've not let off the gas enough as I'm depressing the clutch.

Quick Reply: Clutch - Creaking sound with pedal and high rev disengagement