Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving on and selling....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Phil I've been a boater for over 20 years! Current boat is 2012 Bennington 24ft.
We keep it docked in fresh water lake just outside of Yosemite Park for the summer.

I think you're looking for salt water boating from you OT thread If I read correctly.

My dream is one day to get a ocean going boat I can live on and cruise up and down Baja with the wife. Anyways wish you luck on your future boating!!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure I could do this.

After buying a Porsche, buying a non-Porsche car would feel like Infidelity.

I applaud your bravery.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rbennett
Phil I've been a boater for over 20 years! Current boat is 2012 Bennington 24ft.
We keep it docked in fresh water lake just outside of Yosemite Park for the summer.

I think you're looking for salt water boating from you OT thread If I read correctly.

My dream is one day to get a ocean going boat I can live on and cruise up and down Baja with the wife. Anyways wish you luck on your future boating!!
The east coast of the USA is a boater's dream. The intercoastal waterway... and even The Great Loop (although I have less interest in the latter)... The Chesapeake, The Delaware Bay and Cape May County = heaven.

Yes.... now I am up to 40'-ers again... with a Tiara leading the way.

I've boated my whole life, except for the past three years. Some things in life soured me, and I pressed the reset button twice. The Porsche kept me sane. It could take me to work, allow me to meet people, get me out into 5 a.m. drives with the sun rising, and taken me to the beach to ponder... to escape.

I sucked the marrow out of every bone of it when I drove it.

I recall one drive this past Spring: I got to my favorite twisty, hilly, horse-country road, came to the last stop sign one morning... and it was chilly, but the windows were open... sunroof back... and I blipped the throttle... the sun peaked over a hill, a rooster crowed, and I took off... and I had a drive I waited my whole life for. It was glorious. I couldn't have planned it any better.

Aside from about seven work commutes, every one of the miles I wrung out were reserved for pleasure.

Ironically, the Porsche got me back to the right place in my head. I had it; I enjoyed it; it gave me thinking time, and it took me to the coast... and it brought me to bays, harbors and sounds... and I got to a peaceful point, where I wasn't sour anymore... content with an awesome job... something I scraped and scrapped for... and I realized that, like at all times in my life, happiness is on the water... near the water.

The Porsche was a diversion... and I'd keep it if I were able to have multiple excesses.

I'll plod along in my Audi, with its PDK-like gearbox, and I have the car I grew up with (see sig), which I got from a Dodge engineer in Detroit. I'll still be thrashing through apexes, and tinkering with an oddball car.

All good!

Old 08-24-2016, 10:46 AM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As someone into cars and boats I certainly understand the boating angle. April into November it consumes all weekend, every weekend for us. Leaves little time for much else. I contemplated selling the 911 last fall since I felt it just sat there during all the great weather but in the end I couldn't do it. Plus the wife was not happy when I tried to sell it. I guess that is a good thing

Quick Reply: Moving on and selling....