Sponsored by:

One touch window question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 01:09 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default One touch window question

I can raise or lower my drivers side window with one touch, but not the passenger side. Is this normal or can it be programmed at the dealer.

Thanks!

Christian
Old 07-30-2016, 01:36 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 246 Posts

You need to hold the switch until the passenger side window is half way up then release the switch, doing so the passenger window will go up automatically for the rest of the way. At least this is how mine work
Old 07-30-2016, 02:05 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lowbee
You need to hold the switch until the passenger side window is half way up then release the switch, doing so the passenger window will go up automatically for the rest of the way. At least this is how mine work
Thts the way mine work as well. Bummer, on my other cars, I can hit the switch once and blamo!.....they go up or down.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:27 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Some of the reasons I bought the remotekey add on. It was $200 or so bucks but gives you a couple things I wanted. Mainly honking with unlock/lock and remotely opening/closing windows. So many times I would have to double check to see if I had locked the car. Also gives you full auto up/down on passenger and passenger side tilt in reverse (mine had it before).

Heres a link Remotekey

I bought it from a member who didn't use it, so I got it at a discount. Wasn't worth $300 to me, but for <$200 it was.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:53 AM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Surely one of the most irritating safety features in the history of irksome, annoying car features. The power windows already have an anti-pinch mechanism. (if the glass encounters an obstruction before reaching the full up position, it instantly reverses direction). This is an ideal learning opportunity for young children. It will give them a scare and a pretty good bruising before releasing arms, head etc. Much more effective than nagging the kid for an hour about the power window not being a toy.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:04 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jennifer911
Surely one of the most irritating safety features in the history of irksome, annoying car features. The power windows already have an anti-pinch mechanism. (if the glass encounters an obstruction before reaching the full up position, it instantly reverses direction). This is an ideal learning opportunity for young children. It will give them a scare and a pretty good bruising before releasing arms, head etc. Much more effective than nagging the kid for an hour about the power window not being a toy.

OMG, your post brought me back to a family vacation in our first car with power windows, a 1975 Monte Carlo. My older sister wouldnt bring her hands in the car and my mom ran up the passenger window. Sis is screaming, mom panicking and me laughing in the back seat.

Good times....good times.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:32 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

In March seller had Porsche dealer replace faulty passenger side window regulator just before I purchased. Window worked as expected (one touch down and one touch up after 50% up), then after about a week, window one-touch up changed to work just like driver's side - one touch down and up. Don't know why but I'm not going to ask dealer to "fix".
Old 07-30-2016, 11:47 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a 50/50 passenger window....half the time it's one touch, the other time it's not....only going up though.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:31 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Window handled wth remoteKey, One touch sunroof closure not..eliminated in 09 or earlier,
Had it in my 06...miss it. Wrote a letter to Porsche, they said no longer possible.

Quick Reply: One touch window question