Sponsored by:

Stickers/decals on your 997

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Melbourne15
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Stickers/decals on your 997

So I picked up some cool decals and stickers at a recent vintage race at Road America. A few are decals celebrating Porsche as world champions (69,70,71). The others are stickers meant to be placed on the outside of the car, Martini, Gulf (as opposed to the decals). I do not want to look too much like a fan boy, but do you have stickers/decals on your 997's? If so, where do have them? Pics? FYI, I have a PCA decal in the rear window already. My car is Atlas gray over Terracotta if that has any bearing on the issue.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:04 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Unless someone is paying me to display their decals, I'm not doing it. Looks a bit too boy racer-ish to me. You already drive a car that's good looking and attention grabbing as it is. This is, of course, just my opinion. If you like the decals, do it...T
Old 07-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

I have stickers of tracks that I've frequented but only on the inside of the windows.
Oh Yeah, and my PCA Members sticker as well.

I wouldn't put anything on the exterior paint but hey, it's your car so do whatever tickles your fancy.

-M
Old 07-24-2016, 08:25 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I just have the PCA member sticker on front windshield lower right side.
I will not put other stickers on my 997 but would entertain a grill badge if it means something to me.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:54 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Melbourne, if all your friends and acquaintances are 16 year olds with POS Hondas, then yes, you’ll fit right in. A 997 is a modern street car mostly driven by adults, (except for the guys here, who have a kinda rough hewed boyish charm about them). Your car is not a clone of a 1969 multimillion dollar all out race car. Race stickers/decals will just look dumb.

Please don’t take this type of critique as mean spirited. Remember only your friends care enough to point this out, your enemies would cheerfully encourage this folly.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:06 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rbennett
I just have the PCA member sticker on front windshield lower right side.
I will not put other stickers on my 997 but would entertain a grill badge if it means something to me.
I like my 911 as nude as can be! I was excited when Texas went from two (regi + inspection) to one sticker. If they'd do away with the sticker altogether, put a regi decal on the license plate, and get rid of the front plate requirement, then I'd be in Valhalla! Perchance to dream!
T
Old 07-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I think your car has enough attention right outta box. But its your wheels.....
Old 07-24-2016, 09:29 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Where did you have to place these stickers? CA just has the plate stickers.

As far as front plate which is required in CA, I have never had one in 20 years with no fixed ticket. As long as you look like a stressed out middle age guy driving sainly, the cops give you a break. lol

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
I was excited when Texas went from two (regi + inspection) to one sticker. If they'd do away with the sticker altogether, put a regi decal on the license plate
T
Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rbennett
Where did you have to place these stickers? CA just has the plate stickers.

As far as front plate which is required in CA, I have never had one in 20 years with no fixed ticket. As long as you look like a stressed out middle age guy driving sainly, the cops give you a break. lol
In Texas, it goes in the lower corner, driver's side windshield. Inside. Right above where VIN is. My 997 came pre-desecrated with a plate holder drilled into the front bumper.
So, I go with it, not so much for the law, but the higher authority (wife). I need to see if they have a solution like Carbonio makes for Ferrari. I have a clip-on front plate holder for my Cali. It attached/detaches in 5 seconds. Thus far, I conveniently forget to attach it 99% of the time, because I'm a stressed out, middle age guy!
T
Old 07-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I only have a PCA sticker, but I like looking at other cars with multiple stickers. I really can't stand the Nurbergring stickers.

Have fun. Fu@k convention. And all that.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...to-thread.html

Sort of a Porsche tradition to some (as seen above)

Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 PM
Tyztoy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
I like my 911 as nude as can be! I was excited when Texas went from two (regi + inspection) to one sticker. If they'd do away with the sticker altogether, put a regi decal on the license plate, and get rid of the front plate requirement, then I'd be in Valhalla! Perchance to dream!
T
Va requires 2 windshield stickers, state and county... I H8 them....
Old 07-25-2016, 12:01 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

I don't have any stickers on the windows but I installed the side Porsche decals on my car. I love how it looks. Here's a pic
Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2016, 12:22 AM
Melbourne15
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! I am definitely not a teenager, closer to stressed out middle aged guy, lol. I do like the look of some of the 911's I see with decals in the rear quarter windows, but most of the cars are vintage, air-cooled models. As mine is an 09, not sure it would have the same vibe. I did think of putting the stickers (that do not go on the inside of the windows) on the underside of the frunk. I saw this in an article in Panorama a couple months ago. I welcome more feedback, but the conservative side of me is saying do not call more attention to the car, especially of the bad (possibly jealous) variety. Love the side deca by the way, if I could fond one to match the terracotta onterior, hmmmm. Oh, and my car is de-badged also.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

I've got my reenlist.com sticker on the lower edge of my right rear corner window. Nothing else, but if I join the local PCA chapter, I'd probably put that sticker on the back window (I used to have the metal/ceramic PCA member piece on the rear grill of other 911s.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:06 AM
starvational
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a military oriented decal in my rear windshield. I'll take a pic during the day and share it here. To each his/her own though...having said that, don't forget that each sticker/decal adds HP though. ;-)

Quick Reply: Stickers/decals on your 997