Sponsored by:

GTS's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 05:01 AM
navarrojiii
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by love2drive
Bet you'll fetch more than $70k if in real good condition. I've driven various 991s, including a 991 911S with pdk and manual... no contest in terms of driving enjoyment. The 997 GTS is just connects you to the machine and road more intimately. And...I'll say it as if you haven't heard it for the umpteen time... the 997 manual trumps any pdk in terms of driving enjoyment and the 997 6spd manual is VASTLY more enjoyable to the 991 7spd
manual. Just saying, the 997 GTS is special.

Here's how I know..had a couple loaners for the past 4 days..
2016 991 911S pdk no pse loaner

2016 991 911 manual black edition loaner

My 2012 997 911 GTS manual
Interesting feedback, thanks!

So my question to you is if you had a chance to purchase a 991.2 GT3 with the new 6-spd, would you trade in your 997 GTS for it?
Old 06-19-2016, 09:33 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by navarrojiii

So my question to you is if you had a chance to purchase a 991.2 GT3 with the new 6-spd, would you trade in your 997 GTS for it?
No. Horses for courses.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

As a past GTS owner....

I keep hearing the GTS is a the best 997 street car. Uh...NO...the Turbo S would be...why? Well it's comfortable suspension but great handling much better brakes and oh the power...!!!

The 991 chassis is better than the 997 Chassis in terms of track handling and street comfort. The 991 GTS is the better car on the street or track.

Nothing wrong with this but Porsche cars get better with each model. Porsche is not going backwards guys.

Enjoy your GTS cars, they are fine cars but don't make them out to be more than they are, which are Carrera S cars with X51 package.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Ratdog33
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 2012 GTS Cab.

Would like to purchase a high optioned low mileage GTS Cab. I am in Roseville, Ca

Had a deal going in So Cal and owner went sideways. Need to renew the hunt.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:13 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by cpt_slow
I would love to buy your car but being in Canada the price of the dollar really kills everything right now. That being said over the past couple months the only GTS's what we have for sale up here have jumped $10-20k, and we don't even have any cabs on autotrader.
Yes, RWD GTS coupes are pretty rare here in Canada. Frankly, the asking prices for cars at P dealers are a bit rich...they're more realistic on AutoTrader. I've received a couple of unsolicited offers for my 6-speed Aerokit Cup GTS, and the dealer was looking to deal on both the GTS and the other somewhat rare P car in our garage: a very well-spec'd 2012 Cayman S, one owner, 30k km. Sitting tight on both cars right now.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:19 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Enjoy your GTS cars, they are fine cars but don't make them out to be more than they are, which are Carrera S cars with X51 package.
Carrera S with X51...and (in most cases) centerlocks lol. I'm fine with my CLs; although if I had a choice between two identical cars, one with CL and one without, I'd pick the 5-bolt.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

As a past GTS owner....

I keep hearing the GTS is a the best 997 street car. Uh...NO...the Turbo S would be...why? Well it's comfortable suspension but great handling much better brakes and oh the power...!!!
Uh...NO... Many of us prefer the linearity of NA power delivery. No turbos for me. And the GTS looks far better, sounds better, etc., IMHO.

The 991 chassis is better than the 997 Chassis in terms of track handling and street comfort. The 991 GTS is the better car on the street or track.
Again, IMHumbleO, the 997 looks far better, has better steering feel, has the nicer/cleaner/more-911 interior, is a "better" size, is more rare, etc. I wouldn't trade my 997 GTS for a brand new 991 GTS, straight-up.

Nothing wrong with this but Porsche cars get better with each model. Porsche is not going backwards guys.

Just because you've moved on from yours, doesn't mean we have or will, too. In fact, many of us continue to become more and more enamored with ours.

No one here isn't saying the newer/newest cars aren't measurably "better," in terms of outright performance. That's not the only thing that matters, is what many of us believe. I've found my "sweet spot," and the 997.2 cars deliver everything I want in a "modern" 911. There's nothing on the newer cars that I need or want.

Lastly, there's been a tradition of wide bodied rear wheel drive 911s being a bit more special; e.g., Turbo look 911, 964 wide body, 993 C2S, et al. Before the GT cars became all the rage, these were the darlings of the 911 range for many. The GTS carries on that tradition. Sure, they're not GT3s, but they are special in their own way.

PS: Hope your dog is doing okay.
The following users liked this post:
MissileFlyer (04-07-2021)
Old 06-19-2016, 02:31 PM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree whole heartedly; the 991 chasis is flat out Superior to the 997's and that's with a capital S. Also, hands down, the brakes are better too, no doubt. Still though, overall, I think the 997, specifically the GTS, hits the sweet spot as one of the best ever that ive experienced in terms of pure driving enjoyment for street driving and back road mountain carving. The steering is more enjoyable than the 991s. The manual Gear changer is just more satisfying to row also. Sure the Rev match blips with 991 manuals are fun but every time it does it, I feel both amusement and resentment that the car is doing it for me. It's not just the Rev match (which I know can be dissabled); one can clearly tell when winding up the revs how the ecu is working to modulate the power development. Sure, the darn thing seems to do a great job, but i cant help but feel robbed in a way that the car is taking tasks that Id like to attempt to do. The 997 GTS sits much lower (at least it seems like it), and it looks like it has wider rear fenders. The 997 rear, in general, looks Way better than the 991 imo. There's just more of a fine tuned Analog feel with the 997 as apposed to a more intrussive, more digitally filtered package with the 991. I wouldn't say there is always improvement with time. BMW's 3/4 series is proof in point of how a company can stray away from a purist's ideal of driving enjoyment towards mainstream comfort, badge mongers, and numbers coveters. While the 991 is most assuredly faster, more comfortable, and more efficient than the 997; I'd say the 997 is more special. The 997 is more enjoyable and involving. I find myself walking away from after parking a 991 feeling like, yeah that's a great car. Walking away from or to a 997 GTS feels like saying goodbye or hello to a loved one. No exaggeration.

As a past GTS owner....

Old 06-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Swoody
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a past GTS owner....

Hmmmm. Well, the GTS was good enough for you and if you feel the turbo is a better ride or whatever, fine....If these folks love their cars, why try and rain on their parade...Post makes no sense, as I am about 99.9% sure that everyone here that has one of these knows exactly what they are and what is available as far as new technology etc... in the most recent models. Why try to make them less enamored with what is, for many folks, their dream car??
Old 06-19-2016, 04:16 PM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hell yes I would. The GT3 is a different animal. And I really hope it has 6 rather than 7 gears.

Originally Posted by navarrojiii

Old 06-19-2016, 05:19 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

As a past GTS owner....

Well in that case they're more like Carrera 4S cars with X51 package but without AWD and the red reflector.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:03 PM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RES22
Not sure that I'd get out of yours to get into is, but, a data point: http://www.intersportperformance.com...5/Details.aspx
This GTS checks all the boxes for me as far as options if I were to trade up, coming from a manual 09' S. I love the Alcantara interior, steering wheel, and sports seat backs painted Carrara White. Not crazy about the centerlock wheels or $83k asking price.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swoody
Hmmmm. Well, the GTS was good enough for you and if you feel the turbo is a better ride or whatever, fine....If these folks love their cars, why try and rain on their parade...Post makes no sense, as I am about 99.9% sure that everyone here that has one of these knows exactly what they are and what is available as far as new technology etc... in the most recent models. Why try to make them less enamored with what is, for many folks, their dream car??
Well said. I love my 997.2 GTS and have no desire whatsoever to change for a 991 in any configuration. I just really like what I have. To me, it feels more like a sports car as opposed to a mini Panamera.

I'm also keeping my BMW E93 335is for pretty much the same reason.

All newer cars have gone too far with tech laden features that have diminished driving feel and character.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GT2RSobsessed
This GTS checks all the boxes for me as far as options if I were to trade up, coming from a manual 09' S. I love the Alcantara interior, steering wheel, and sports seat backs painted Carrara White. Not crazy about the centerlock wheels or $83k asking price.
I did this. Went from a near perfect spec 997.2 C2S in a rare color (man, I miss that GT Silver), to my GTS. Including the taxes I ate, paying for CPO twice, all-in, I paid a pretty penny to make the change. I do sometimes miss the "purity" of the narrow body cars; I wasn't a die-hard wide body guy before.

All-in-all, though, I am very happy I made the change. I'd say, if you're looking to keep your 911 for the long run, now is a good time to make the swap. Your '09 is still worth decent money, and GTSes are still lightly used, meaning you can still find excellent examples.

If not, enjoy your beautiful C2S. The swap is definitely worth it, but the C2S is a hell of a car already -- if that makes sense. Early 997.2 C2/C2S must be the best buys in enthusiast world right now, of any make, any model.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:22 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Porsche is not going backwards guys.
They're not? The 996 was a backwards step from the 993 in many, many ways.

The electric steering on the 991 is a backwards step from the hydraulic steering on the 997, to name just one step back.

Performance-wise, the 991 may be better, but Porsche often stumbles, yes backwards, when they make model changes.

The 991 is a big car. Not that great looking either. I'd take a 997 GTS over a 991 GTS everyday of the week and twice on Sundays

Quick Reply: GTS's for sale