Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to purchase 09 C2S - Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016 | 03:03 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997newb
Could you guys recommend a good shop in SoCal near El Monte for a PPI to be done? None of the Porsche dealers are doing PPI anymore.

Also, do you guys recommend another form of extended warranty or "insurance"?

Thanks
Call them back and ask if they are willing to CPO a car. A PPI will tie up the rack and they think you wont come back for service.

If they do a CPO inspection, they will charge you a couple grand and they are guaranteed to get the work later on down the road.
Old 06-10-2016 | 03:05 PM
Nip are
Instructor

Private seller asking should be $3-4K less than dealer pricing. Not all private sellers understand that.
Old 06-10-2016 | 06:02 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Check out Porsche's CPO search, there is a CPO 09 S with 34k at downtown LA Porsche, you will have a few years of added factory, plus they are only asking 53K

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...ails.ipl?cid=1
Old 06-10-2016 | 11:43 PM
997newb
Track Day

Originally Posted by voiceprint1
Check out Porsche's CPO search, there is a CPO 09 S with 34k at downtown LA Porsche, you will have a few years of added factory, plus they are only asking 53K

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...ails.ipl?cid=1
Thanks for this! I am going to check it out. I really want a Carrera White S. After thinking about it and confirming my thoughts with all of your responses, I'm going to tell him that I'm not interested. Too bad there are so few White 911s with PDK.
Old 06-11-2016 | 12:59 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Thanks for this! I am going to check it out. I really want a Carrera White S. After thinking about it and confirming my thoughts with all of your responses, I'm going to tell him that I'm not interested. Too bad there are so few White 911s with PDK.
It seems like if you want a white 997 its gonna come with a black interior. I looked and looked for a White/Tan 997 for months. Then a one owner C4S popped up in Laguna Beach. The C4 wasnt in my 'must have' column but I love that wide but and I cant lie.
Old 06-11-2016 | 01:56 AM
997newb
Track Day

I found a similar vehicle on the East coast minus Navigation that is CPO for $54K. The only thing is that carfax shows there have been 3 owners. The dealer claims that its 2 as the initial owner was leasing it, then turned it in and purchased the vehicle. Not sure if it's true that that would cause 2 registrations.

What are your thoughts on multiple owner cars?
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:26 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

I found a similar vehicle on the East coast minus Navigation that is CPO for $54K. The only thing is that carfax shows there have been 3 owners. The dealer claims that its 2 as the initial owner was leasing it, then turned it in and purchased the vehicle. Not sure if it's true that that would cause 2 registrations.

Multiple owners in a short period of time CAN be a warning sign. But the 2/3 owner story is totally plausible and not bad for a 6-8 year old car.

My 911 should have 2 owners as I bought it from a couple who had divorced. But I bought it before the title was changed into 1 name. Both parties signed the title and we did the deal at AAA. My Range Rover shows three owners because a dealer took it in on trade, put the title in his wifes name and up for sale the same day because she wanted a Bentley. I think every time they do a title change, it records as a new owner.

The Unicorn is a one owner, south western car, low miles, CPO, optioned perfectly, clean carfax, original paint in the perfect color combination at a 'reasonable' price. Somewhere there will be some compromises.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:55 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Must admit I never understood this concern. I've seen trashed one owner cars and I've seen mint multiple owner cars. As long as all the important check marks can be made, I don't care how many people have owned it previously.
Old 06-11-2016 | 07:36 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

OP...I too was concerned about multiple owner cars, but 2/3 on a 2009 isn't bad. People who can afford new 911s tend to change out cars routinely...T
Old 06-16-2016 | 07:51 PM
997newb
Track Day

Does anyone know a place to get a discount on Carfax? $39.99 seems steep for one report. I'll pay for it, just thought I would ask. I think I've found the one if everything checks out. The PPI shop recommended to Carfax first... Hopefully will have it within a week.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2016 | 07:54 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

I don't, but I've had some luck from time to time with putting the VIN into google and finding a carfax from either the dealer or some other dealer the car has been at. It's not often but maybe 15-20% of the time me putting the VIN into google actually got me a carfax link that was still active and accurate.
Old 06-16-2016 | 08:27 PM
LaurenceG
Instructor

Just purchased a 2009 Carrera S coupe with 9000 one owner miles.
Cream white, 6 speed manual, nav, blue tooth, universal audio interface, sport chrono plus,
Short shifter, sport seats, body colored console-seat backs-dash trim, Bose, new Pilot Sports, natural brown leather interior, rear wiper, etc.
No paint work, etc.
Paid about $60,000

Quick Reply: About to purchase 09 C2S - Need advice