Sponsored by:

Expansion tank replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 09:03 AM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Expansion tank replacement

I found a DIY on pelican parts.com regarding expansion tank replacement. I have 997.1 NB, does the engine might need to be dropped to do this DIY?

Pelican DIY wasn't too clear.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I ended up dropping my a bit. Just makes it easier as this is a PITA job. GL
Old 08-28-2016, 09:51 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2002 targa tank

i tried to remove my coolant tank today - removed the air pump , snorkel , Hoses on top of tank , fuel line and , coolant sensor - but I could not get any of my channel locks on the clip for the lower hose going into the tank ...

Tank would not easily slide sideways out of mounting bracket either ...I thought if I can move it I might get better access to the hose ..

I think it is a trip for the indie for me on Monday I hate to admit defeat but I don't want to break anything.

coolant is still in tank - slightly under min level - so I assume split is above that level - should I be ok to drive a couple of miles to the indie if I watch the temp ? ( I started car up when I put everythIng back - and no leaks - at least cold)

Seems like there should be enough room to slide tank sideways past the black bracket - then rotate 90 and pull out ... But I didn't get that far ... Don't see anyway to remove that bracket ... Bad design - tank is easy on my BMW and landrover - and didn't break)
Old 08-28-2016, 10:13 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by targa996
I think it is a trip for the indie for me on Monday I hate to admit defeat but I don't want to break anything.
Yeah. I didn't even bother to tackle it. I took it in for repair along with coolant flush.

Quick Reply: Expansion tank replacement