Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 to 991.2 Multi-function Steering Wheel Compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:36 AM
fat_louis
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 997.2 to 991.2 Multi-function Steering Wheel Compatibility?

Hello All,
Wondering if you can retrofit the cool GT multi-function paddle shift steering wheel (not the one with the overboost/mode selector though) from the new 991.2 car to a 997.2 car with the multi-function steering wheel with the tiptronic style rocker shift buttons? In the 997.2 series I prefer the sport design steering wheel with the paddles, but would consider a car with the multi-function steering wheel if it could be retrofitted. Glad that porsche finally caught up with the rest of the luxury market in terms of paddle shifter wheels with multi-function controls. I would love to hear from all you parts gurus out there!

PS: I take it the new GT steering wheel is a different airbag than the previous 997.2 and 991.1 cars. Am I correct?

Thanks
FL
Old 08-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Yuan Li
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_louis
Hello All,
Wondering if you can retrofit the cool GT multi-function paddle shift steering wheel (not the one with the overboost/mode selector though) from the new 991.2 car to a 997.2 car with the multi-function steering wheel with the tiptronic style rocker shift buttons? In the 997.2 series I prefer the sport design steering wheel with the paddles, but would consider a car with the multi-function steering wheel if it could be retrofitted. Glad that porsche finally caught up with the rest of the luxury market in terms of paddle shifter wheels with multi-function controls. I would love to hear from all you parts gurus out there!

PS: I take it the new GT steering wheel is a different airbag than the previous 997.2 and 991.1 cars. Am I correct?

Thanks
FL
Can do this retrofit with adapter,https://gpsadapter.us

Quick Reply: 997.2 to 991.2 Multi-function Steering Wheel Compatibility?