Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microphone for Bluetooth connection

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016 | 11:21 AM
Pors968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bovien
Again, thanks for your perfect info. I've finally had time to take a look at this (you caught me on vacation, crossing the Alpes)...
I see a plastic shielding in place where the microphones are, so I need to order these.

I just want to check with you on the exisiting connection you found to you PCM. So where the microphone harness was supposed to connect to the PCM you had another connection? Do you know what that was?
Why did you need to remove the plug from the existing harness to fit to the microphone harness?

Also, as I have already had the bluetooth connection enabled by Porsche (I can make/receive calls, but they cannot hear me), do I need the code at all? I mean; is the code for the microphone connection or to enable bluetooth?
I'm thinking, that if not, I could just order the microphones and hardness and save a few $ (OEM things tend to get horrendously expensive here in Denmark...)
Again, thanks a lot!

/Stefan
There was another Blue connector with one wire plugged into the slot. Blue connector can have multiple wires for microphone, universal Audio, etc. depending on configuration as car ordered. In my car that was one wire. The new microphone wiring harness has same blue connector, So what ever wire were there in PCM before, need to transfer to new blue connector. It's easy to transfer wire to new connector. just used a pin to pop out the wire.

Since bluetooth is unlocked in your car, I would just buy all parts(listed in my previous post) except code , and try it out. No need to pay for unlock code.

Also suggest to follow the TSB which RL member "monster1" suggested. It has full instructions. Post back the results.

Good luck.
Old 07-14-2016 | 09:26 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Will definitely post when I install.

One more question though:
I wrote the local Mr. P and they will sell me the parts for 300$ or the kit for 1100$. Only difference is, that the kit comes with the code to enable Bluetooth.
Now, the strange thing is, that when I had an AUX port enabled recently, they asked me if they should enable Bluetooth, as they could see it available. They did - as mentioned in OP - which resulted in me being able to connect my phone. When connected, the PCM shows signal strength, can communicate with phone, take calls and I can even hear the caller in my speakers, but they can't hear me, as mentioned. The weird thing is, that apparently you cannot install Bluetooth OEM without buying the kit that also includes the microphone.

But mine does not have a microphone (see pic, where there is a clear plastic placeholder in place of the microphones)

So, will I be able to just plug in the microphone and all will be good? If I buy the microphones and it still requires the code, my 300$ is right out the window.
Old 07-15-2016 | 01:33 AM
Pors968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bovien
Will definitely post when I install.

One more question though:
I wrote the local Mr. P and they will sell me the parts for 300$ or the kit for 1100$. Only difference is, that the kit comes with the code to enable Bluetooth.
Now, the strange thing is, that when I had an AUX port enabled recently, they asked me if they should enable Bluetooth, as they could see it available. They did - as mentioned in OP - which resulted in me being able to connect my phone. When connected, the PCM shows signal strength, can communicate with phone, take calls and I can even hear the caller in my speakers, but they can't hear me, as mentioned. The weird thing is, that apparently you cannot install Bluetooth OEM without buying the kit that also includes the microphone.

But mine does not have a microphone (see pic, where there is a clear plastic placeholder in place of the microphones)

So, will I be able to just plug in the microphone and all will be good? If I buy the microphones and it still requires the code, my 300$ is right out the window.

Microphones are installed under the upper cover of steering column, where you see two grill holes. So check there. Since you can make calls and hear on speakers, I'm positive Bluetooth is enabled and you may only need to install microphones (if it's not there already).
Old 07-25-2016 | 11:12 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

So, I finally got this installed.
I bought the microphones alone from Mr. P, for aprox 400$ as opposed to $ 1.000 with the code.

As mentioned above, everything pointed towards my car having Bluetooth enabled. This was weird, as you cannot purchase the Bluetooth option without having microphones installed for the phone connection. But my car was maybe unique that way. I had the Bluetooth option enabled for free earlier while having an AUX port enabled, as Porsche could see it as being installed but disabled.

So, I gambled and hoped that I was just missing the microphones. And I was correct. A couple of hours spend according to the very helpful links above (THANKS everyone!), and all is working in regards to calls.

So, if anyone can connect their phone and access the phone book (not just phone connect through Sport Chrono), and make calls but recipient not hearing you, just buy the microphones. Install yourself (if you feel like popping the PCM out and removing the lower dash under the steering wheel and then sounds of it) or pay Porsche for a few hours of work.
Old 07-25-2016 | 01:52 PM
Pors968
Rennlist Member

Bovien- Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy hands free phone calls!

Quick Reply: Microphone for Bluetooth connection