Received 364 Likes on 280 Posts

Then there is this thread on the topic, with some intake air temp data to boot-

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ir-intake.html
Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 305 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Yes, it's absolutely possible. I wouldn't be against adding an intake for sound purposes or even if there is a subjective increase in throttle response but if there is one tiny bit Of performance decrease, forget it!
Thats exactly how i feel. If there is any tiny bit of loss in performance, i dont want anything to do with it. But if there is slight improvement, even if it's minimal, i'm ok with it.

Originally Posted by Philster

***Most manufacturers quote an improvement and have dyno sheets. At that point, it's up to you to judge their credibility and endorsements. EVOMS is endorsed by Sharkwerks, and I'm okay with that, because Sharkwerks does things like discourage changes to headers, saying they haven't seen any meaningful gains from changing them. So, it's not exactly testimony in a court of law, but get familiar with your vendors and their credibility in the proverbial community.

Originally Posted by rodH
Totally agree. And when you look at this EVOMS intake in detail it magically has a tube that directs cold air from the factory provided opening. The other examples above do not do that which is what I've been arguing this whole time.
So Yes to the EVOMS design and NO to the other designs.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:47 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
I see you took the short cut.
Yup...this route is even better...no Starbucks required
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mike9186
The intake improves throttle response so that normal mode feels like stock Sport mode. Pressing the sport button with the intake attached adds an even higher level of throttle response. It makes for more exciting driving.

Does this make sense?
Thanks Mike, it does make sense, however I was just messing with you because IMHO, the only thing that is required for my C4S to be awoken is me in the pilot's seat...and perhaps a road like I posted.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:00 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by mike9186
Has anyone other than me actually done a direct comparison? I removed and installed both intakes back to back and went for a long drive in each. The results surprised me and I much prefer the K&N to stock. The throttle repsonse is much better and sport mode is greatly improved. I don't give a crap about horsepower increase. I'm finding the car is more enjoyable to drive and that is what what matters. And it's not the sound I'm talking about.

Im sure the K&N is a massive hot air sucker when sitting at a stop sign or in traffic but once you get moving that seems to change. Anyone look at an airbox on any air cooled porsche? They are located in what would seemingly be the worst location possible to get cool air from the outside. Yet I guess they work because they made them that way for decades.

Hey Mike!! I just happened to read your thread here. Love it and had to laugh a bit at the wide range of skeptics and supporters. When I read this comment I could feel your frustration! haha

Well, I am with ya Mike! You don't have to convince me, I love the K&N intake and it's my favorite bang for the buck mod ever
Old 06-23-2016, 04:16 AM
KeepItTidy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the only place you can really tell the difference an aftermarket CAI can make is ON THE ROAD, not quoting dyno graphs.

The less restrictive intake only works when there is significant air flow.
A silly little Dyno fan isnt going to come close to the real world effect of driving at 40 mph

To elaborate from earlier in the thread with my M3 example.
This same discussion has happened countless times and many different forums. One of them being the M3 forums.
I have read countless threads of people saying CAI gave them no HP gains on their Dyno graphs yet in the real world my brother and I saw a significant difference. (and this just a normal CAI, pipe,heatsheild and cone)

So to anyone who is considering it i would say DO IT!
Had my car for about 4 weeks now and Its going to be the first mod I do.
The car has cargraphics back boxes.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:56 AM
Ganthrithor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Hey Mike!! I just happened to read your thread here. Love it and had to laugh a bit at the wide range of skeptics and supporters. When I read this comment I could feel your frustration! haha

Well, I am with ya Mike! You don't have to convince me, I love the K&N intake and it's my favorite bang for the buck mod ever
Your car sounds bonkers. Largely as a result of hearing your car, I now have an intake waiting to go on my car.

I don't even care about HP. I'd change intakes even if I lost a few HP: hard to put a price (dollar- or performance-wise) on that GT3-esque wail...

Quick Reply: Intake upgrade is worth it