Sponsored by:

$1350 to powder coat your calipers???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1

Wheel Dynamics calipers look amazing! Very nice work. I am just pointing out that there are MUCH cheaper options that you can do yourself that look good and hold up
Thank you and yes you are correct, if you have the time and have the proper equipment to strip, paint, decal, clear coat, (optional items hard-bake or mix-paint) you can save yourself the cost of finishing.

So I agree with you, this also follows suite with other items such as detailing your own car, cutting your own grass oven painting your own car but you've got to know when your time is more valuable to make the money to pay someone who does this on a daily. If you're an attorney who makes $250/hr and you would elect to tackle the project which would take a first timer a solid 8-hours on a project (the right way) then it might not make sense unless you just want to do for the sake of saying "I did it myself, which is also totally understandable".

Personally I've given up mowing my own lawn and detailing my own cars years ago (this has saved my Saturdays), the price I pay is worth the added time I get to spend with my kids... But everyone has their own reasons!

Once again thank you for your positive comments Vern,
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

So taking apart your calipers to paint them as opposed to painting them on the car makes you a Rennlist Snob. Hahaha, good one.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:51 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Thank you and yes you are correct, if you have the time and have the proper equipment to strip, paint, decal, clear coat, (optional items hard-bake or mix-paint) you can save yourself the cost of finishing.

So I agree with you, this also follows suite with other items such as detailing your own car, cutting your own grass oven painting your own car but you've got to know when your time is more valuable to make the money to pay someone who does this on a daily. If you're an attorney who makes $250/hr and you would elect to tackle the project which would take a first timer a solid 8-hours on a project (the right way) then it might not make sense unless you just want to do for the sake of saying "I did it myself, which is also totally understandable".

Personally I've given up mowing my own lawn and detailing my own cars years ago (this has saved my Saturdays), the price I pay is worth the added time I get to spend with my kids... But everyone has their own reasons!

Once again thank you for your positive comments Vern,
I have no issue with anything you say here. Some people just like to spend the time regardless of how much they make. It provides relaxation, a sense of satisfaction etc. My issue, is as I stated above

Once again, beautiful looking calipers
Old 04-01-2016, 02:54 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
So taking apart your calipers to paint them as opposed to painting them on the car makes you a Rennlist Snob. Hahaha, good one.
You appear to be having a comprehension issue here

Y'all have a nice day now
Old 04-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Now you've got me curious. What part of painting part of your calipers on the car do you find more relaxing than taking them off and doing it? Is it the taping off of the brake pads? The shocks? The whole fender well? I gotta know!

Sounds like you're pretty uptight, maybe you should go out and fashion something on the cheap? Then maybe what other people do won't bother you so much when you're done.

Last edited by Vegas993; 04-01-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
I have no issue with anything you say here. Some people just like to spend the time regardless of how much they make. It provides relaxation, a sense of satisfaction etc. My issue, is as I stated above

Once again, beautiful looking calipers
Yes, I have friends that would rather accomplish this task on their own, money being no object in their own life however I find that those individuals tend to have more times on their hands as apposed to those who work 40+ have a family with kids to tend to..

Can't wait for retirement so I can go through my garage and complete all of those tasks I've started but won't pay someone to do either...

Quick Reply: $1350 to powder coat your calipers???