Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 C2S PPI Results - Should i be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 07:26 PM
TM_Corey
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shawkinguk
Thats a good deal
where/how did you find that car?

the usual car sites?
I scoured the sites every day. Completely willing to fly a 1000 miles away and drive home a good deal. Turns out my favorite car ended up being 1.5 hours away. Even though I bought it in KY it spent all but 4 months of its life in Texas and Florida so it is really a "southern car". The owner bought it and then found out baby #3 was on the way so the car had to go. He wrote a check to the bank the day we did the deal because he owed more then he sold it to me for. It's been an awesome car. Check out my "started threads" for a screen shot of the auto trader add. Can't figure out how to copy and paste on my new phone.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:52 PM
shawkinguk
Track Day

Originally Posted by TM_Corey
I scoured the sites every day. Completely willing to fly a 1000 miles away and drive home a good deal. Turns out my favorite car ended up being 1.5 hours away. Even though I bought it in KY it spent all but 4 months of its life in Texas and Florida so it is really a "southern car". The owner bought it and then found out baby #3 was on the way so the car had to go. He wrote a check to the bank the day we did the deal because he owed more then he sold it to me for. It's been an awesome car. Check out my "started threads" for a screen shot of the auto trader add. Can't figure out how to copy and paste on my new phone.

Got it
Thats the kind of story i want to be able to tell!

Great find
Old 03-28-2016, 12:56 AM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

you've probably seen this but just in case... No affiliation.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...alm-green.html
Old 03-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Nip are
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

At your price point you should be shopping 06-07 cars. Same car better price. 08s tend to be close in cost to a .2 car but still have the issues of the .1 cars.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:35 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

I looked for over 6 months and very serious for 3 or 4 months. I did 3 PPI's and walked from each. That is a bad feeling, but the right thing to do. I drove up to BHP in LA to look at a car. They never even looked at me or said hi.
My wife and I walked the lot, saw the car and left. Rough POS in my opinion. I finally found one and gave a deposit pending the PPI. It checked out better than I expected and I bought it. It is a process but will work out for you.

Good luck,

B

Quick Reply: 997 C2S PPI Results - Should i be worried?