Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you want to punch other Porsche drivers in the face?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 05:35 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 504 Likes on 277 Posts

If I said what annoyed me, I'd **** off half the people on Rennlist, including the good guys.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:31 PM
braymond52
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hot nikon
Not too many Porsche drivers, but just about EVERY Prius owner.

Left lane superstars, 5 mph under posted…
You can add most Subaru's to that list too.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:36 PM
braymond52
Instructor

Originally Posted by ManoTexas
Had cars from Ramblers to 911. Feel blessed I'm to point where can afford to drive with top down, turn on sport with sport exhaust and listen to it sing.
Can never look down on anyone. First we're all living best we can. Second is I've met licensed race drivers who can take Honda around auto cross faster than 99% of daily porsche drivers. Me included .

The only number of people I've been around that seemed prejudiced were hard core bikers years ago that dissed rice burners. For some reason they accepted my beemers. It was made in America thing, why they hated Japanese but accepted German which somewhat baffled me. I assume it's because I am 6'3" 225, but then again opposed twins make a beautiful bike, a form of art work and mechanical perfection.

I've only been dissed over cars twice. First in college. Friend asked me to pick up his girl friend at airport. Rich, high class girl (not dissing her status now). We walked out to car. Used to be beautiful Rambler convertible. Aqua blue. Gorgeous. Until ran thru barb wire fence. Posts beat body to death. Wire shredded top. Used 3 rolls of duct tape to put top back together (which didn't leak for 3yrs). She said "we're not riding in that are we?" Told her I am, you can take taxi if you want. He never asked me again.
Second was bought 3 series bmw. Cowboy who worked for me smugly said damn, wish I made your money. I asked Brad how much did you pay for that pickup last yr? $42,000. Brad I bought used and paid less than half that.

Regardless of car, all German's, Volvo, Japanese, American, people haven't generally cared when I show up. No shame or jealousy, we just laugh and have good time. Life's too short to lord over anyone. People who can't afford Porsche aren't less than us, we're just far luckier. And we could be in their place in heartbeat.
Great post!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:51 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 94 Posts

how about Tesla guys who want to race at every light?
I had a guy in a Cayenne pull from a left turn lane (stop light) to overtake me,. Also you can't drive in LA without at least one challenge from someone in a S7 or other audi's, just give it a rest already.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:38 AM
jglaze
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Why did I just read through this entire thing? On the plus side, it appears that I'm not the only one who sees the incredible irony of this thread.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jglaze
Why did I just read through this entire thing? On the plus side, it appears that I'm not the only one who sees the incredible irony of this thread.
This is good for me...
Old 03-28-2016, 12:53 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by braymond52
This makes me want to punch you in the face you pompous, self righteous, egotistical pissante.

Nah, jka Been wanting to say that since this ridiculous thread started
Old 03-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by braymond52
At least the WRX and BR-Z drivers are mostly normal and often genuine car guys.

But the rest of them...dayum. Subaru attracts certain clientele, that's for sure--especially the wagon owners. And that clientele is pretty much diametrically opposed to the average sports car driver.

Back in the dark ages, when I worked in a dealership, they told me that station wagon buyers are weird. They were right.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:59 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
At least the WRX and BR-Z drivers are mostly normal and often genuine car guys.

But the rest of them...dayum. Subaru attracts certain clientele, that's for sure--especially the wagon owners. And that clientele is pretty much diametrically opposed to the average sports car driver.

Back in the dark ages, when I worked in a dealership, they told me that station wagon buyers are weird. They were right.
Up North Subies make a lot of sense. Not sure they appeal to the same crowd where you are. As for drivers in general I can't say I agree with your 'observations'. Maybe it's a regional thing.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Subarus and Prius are the vast majority around the Pacific Northwest it seems - the Subi's because of the all wheel drive and the nature of the terrain/snow/cost-of-snow-abatement - so having awd is very helpful.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:38 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have this thing called Super Car Sunday in Woodland Hills Ca. On a good weekend you will see hundreds of exotic cars, rare cars and some really cool cars. I really dont care what you brought as long as you are a car guy and appreciate the hobby.

If there was any one demographic I want to send to the moon.....Its the kids from another un named country whose parents buy them 2 cars to go to college. One is an ultra exotic like an Aventador (weekend car) and the other car is a normal MB for school days (so they dont draw attention). Ive seen these kids all dressed up in satin pants, purple jackets, Ferragamo slippers doing burn outs in the parking lot at the Rose Bowl on Sundays. The douchery is so strong with these kids screaming down the road, I swear they wear Summers Eve for cologne. I dont hate on them for being members of the lucky sperm club, I hate for their driving habits, lack of clothing taste and disregard of the law.

Lets add two more guys to the list, the La Ferrari and Porsche GT3 guys from Quatar in Beverly Hills a few months ago.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:40 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

Ricers, Beemer drivers and a few PCA pukes, yes. Most Porsche owners, no.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:04 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

As Porsche driver, a Subaru driver, BMW driver. I punch myself in the face daily.
I hate everyone, equally.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:15 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

I have to say, I feel like I sometimes drive more tool-ish in my e90 330xi vs my 997. I don't know why, but I find myself in more situations where I have to make annoying maneuvers on the highway more often with the BMW than I do with the Porsche. I do try and be as considerate as possible, and go the same speed on the highway in both cars, 75 mph. I definitely stick to the right lane when I'm not passing.

Maybe other drivers give Porsche's more space than they do for BMWs. One thing I will say, you can get away with so much more tool-ishness in a not so fancy car, than you can in a luxury/sports car. No one bats an eye at the corolla going 95 in the left lane with the teenager texting while driving down the highway.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
We have this thing called Super Car Sunday in Woodland Hills Ca. On a good weekend you will see hundreds of exotic cars, rare cars and some really cool cars. I really dont care what you brought as long as you are a car guy and appreciate the hobby.

If there was any one demographic I want to send to the moon.....Its the kids from another un named country whose parents buy them 2 cars to go to college. One is an ultra exotic like an Aventador (weekend car) and the other car is a normal MB for school days (so they dont draw attention). Ive seen these kids all dressed up in satin pants, purple jackets, Ferragamo slippers doing burn outs in the parking lot at the Rose Bowl on Sundays. The douchery is so strong with these kids screaming down the road, I swear they wear Summers Eve for cologne. I dont hate on them for being members of the lucky sperm club, I hate for their driving habits, lack of clothing taste and disregard of the law.

Lets add two more guys to the list, the La Ferrari and Porsche GT3 guys from Quatar in Beverly Hills a few months ago.
Geezuz i've never witnessed such douchebaggery. I'm not even sure what I would do - probably drop my coffee and just stare

Quick Reply: Do you want to punch other Porsche drivers in the face?