Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you want to punch other Porsche drivers in the face?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Philster
The only people that work my nerves are the Porsche people who associate only with Porsche people; they only care about Porches; they take no interest in anything else, and they are generally a bore. They're not mean or anything; they're just incapable of being car people.

I still want to punch one guy in the face, because he is a douche, who happens to drive a 997, but he's probably a douche by nature.

He was Mr Track Mods who appears to have never driven on a track or driven the car hard anywhere, and from what I could tell was about to see his life change drastically with the arrival of twins, so was probably upset his Red 997 with Aero w/ very expensive and enlarged/upgraded brakes would be taken away from him by the reality of his situation... one which was his wife running his life and his inability to see past the next 25-30 years of his submission-to-wife-life... with 25-30 years being the time which must pass before he could sniff another Porsche... and I'd feel bad for him if he weren't such a douche.... but he's a douche, so I don't.

Never met such a tool in my life.

He's quite a frail, tidy thing, so from where I am from, I'd probably just bitch slap him. Punching him elevates him to a status he doesn't deserve.

LOL!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,441 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
As far as the rest of "porsche" drivers, who cares, if its not a 911 (or maybe a Caymen) its not a "porsche" to me.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,524 Likes on 956 Posts

Most of the Porsche drivers that I have met are good people. They are car enthusiasts and they don't act like arrogant a-holes. There are always exceptions, but I don't see too many that I would like to punch in the face.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:34 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

from some of the forum posts topics these tinkerbells have been getting B slapped their whole life.they will never be car "guys" ....the posers were turned down for a man-card. corvette owners are stereotyped as gold chain,hairy chested old guys.........better than ghey stereotype for po owners
Old 03-20-2016, 12:44 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too many Porsche drivers, but just about EVERY Prius owner.

Left lane superstars, 5 mph under posted…
Old 03-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Originally Posted by hot nikon

OK, thank you! I thought I was just being paranoid! These Prius drivers have been driving me crazy!
Old 03-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Originally Posted by dgjks6
There are other car companies that make sports cars? I don't think so. And as far as I'm concerned the only real Porsche is the 911. The rest are just pretending.
Yeah, when I meet Porsche drivers that say stuff like this I pretty much tune them out and walk away. Wasting assault and battery charges on someone that narrow minded seems stupid.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:28 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvinta
Yeah, when I meet Porsche drivers that say stuff like this I pretty much tune them out and walk away. Wasting assault and battery charges on someone that narrow minded seems stupid.
Ok. It's official. I am in the 997 can't tell if you are being sarcastic to my sarcasm, or whether you thought I was serious? For reference see my earlier post about that I stole about 997 owners.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Ok. It's official. I am in the 997 can't tell if you are being sarcastic to my sarcasm, or whether you thought I was serious? For reference see my earlier post about that I stole about 997 owners.
I'm an idiot. I'm actually pretty good at face to face sarcasm but print sarcasm always gives me a flyby. Sorry.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by hot nikon

Can we please add Nissan / Infinity to that list?
In my neck of the woods they seem to be the biggest douchebag drivers. It doesn't matter if I drive my 997 or my i3, complete douchebaggery on display.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

This post is RLOT I say
Old 03-20-2016, 03:04 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

This post belongs in the W221 (S-Class) forum at MBWorld.com. The usual suspects over there are a bunch of the most judgmental, self-entitled, arrogant, narcissistic and crass individuals I have ever come a cross. One in particular thinks the cars one drives makes the person. Some of them deserve more than a punch in the face. That said, it is easy to see why someone who drives an S-class may think he's a better person than others if he is not a "well-adjusted" individual. The people here, by contrast, are generally helpful and pleasant and are enthusiasts.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Green & Silver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a full understanding that I'm a nickel that thinks I'm a quarter and that I'm fortunate to have what I do, I think there are weenies that drive anything. The car doesn't make the person, the heart does. An aggressive, tailgating woman in an SUV will harden my heart rather quickly, though!
Old 03-20-2016, 04:11 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2 well maybe 3 more.....

The two other types I do not want to punch but maybe an open handed dope slap on the back of the cranium are as follows. The all mighty purist dick (there are some solid purists but also some real dicks) that believe if you dare change anything on your car different from what the Porsche factory rolled out the door you are a fool! A Poser! A ricer even..... meh

Just wish the purists had the same level of respect as those that enjoy mods... Never will you see a stock car posted and people take shots at them or put them down in anyway. A modded car though fair game for people to be dicks under the cloak of "just being honest" or "you posted looking for feedback" so think being an *** gets a hall pass...

Then the all mighty Porsche owner that tracks or has tracked their cars with some sort of track makes you a GOD complex. (Know some awesome track guys as well just to be clear). Cause tracking your car makes you more a car person then if you do not? (Have tracked many cars and know many that have never been yet they live breath and sleep cars even more then me). They have been to SEMA and a Mecum, a Barret Jackson, Pebble beach and own some neat cars yet never tracked a car.... Add any go fast parts or an aero piece but do not track your car your even more the fool! Add a chin spoiler and no wing or vice versa your risking loss of complete control on the way to the local grocery store.

Both believe 20's and your the anti-Christ... Painted calipers you will be shunned.... Fuchs and a Duck about all acceptable (a sign some are coming around).... Want advice on any mod and be sure the first reply is "take a driving class or DE event". Maybe you will be so lucky to have your modded P-car compared to a BMW 318 with an M badge or some other really sweet example....

Some awesome Purists I know... Some awesome track guys as well. Their cars maybe not for me but will always tell them how clean and pure their car looks paying as much a compliment as possible. I will pay astute attention and much respect as they share their track day experience or when their wear their full fire retardant suit, driving shoes and neck brace to a local kart race. I bring my own helmet yes but wearing nikes and jeans usually once top 1-2

Lastly (feel as a prior air cooled guy can say it....) To the owner of the air cooled car that feels as if anyone else is not driving a real porsche and missing out on the true Porsche Ownerhip Experience .... YOU Do not own the only great Porsche if you own an air cooled car. (albeit a bad *** ride as love air cooled p cars) Their is a reason these cars are not hand built anymore and it's called quality assurance. Bad ac, bad stereo, slower car that handles lesser then a more modern P car, dripping oil maybe neat and fun for the first 30 min of a long ride then gets old fast. The increase prices have too many people acting as they now hold the crown jewel and NO other car can compare. I mean I get it. Love the car you own but Jesus come back to reality. News flash is those cars were trading hands like hot cakes for years and haven't gotten any better. Now prices are up up UP and they are the best cars on the planet! Love air cooled cars but hearing some people speaking to them is comical...

Ok that's all. Bottom line is treat and speak to other owners the same way you would want to be treated and spoken to. Porsche, Ferrari, vette, Honda or other owner.... Don't be a dick.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Don't be a dick.
Sums it up and is a pretty good way to live your life in general.

Quick Reply: Do you want to punch other Porsche drivers in the face?