Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Depo Dectane Condensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016 | 08:41 PM
devilgrl
Advanced

Default Depo Dectane Condensation

After several weeks of eagerly awaiting my depo dectane lights from Orange Tuning they arrived on Monday. I installed them this morning. I got an error code for the right rear and found a connector had come undone. I fixed that and haven't gotten any more error codes yet. However! After two hours in the parking lot at work I came out to discover condensation in both lenses. Has anyone else had this issue? Suggestions on a fix? TIA
Old 03-18-2016 | 09:05 PM
devilgrl
Advanced

And the photos.

Old 03-19-2016 | 10:26 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I think that's a fairly common issue in humid climates.
Old 03-19-2016 | 01:00 PM
devilgrl
Advanced

I did find another thread on here from 2011 regarding this issue. Sounds like these lenses tend to have this problem. Northern California isn't much of a humid climate. The other thread said remove the plastic vent caps from the inside of the housing. The smoked lenses have small rubber tubes for ventilation but being smoked I'm not sure if I ever would have noticed if they had a condensation problem or not. It had cleared up by nightfall so I think I'm just going to keep an eye on them in the next week and see what happens. If it keeps happening I may remove the caps or try replacing them with something that may breathe better.
Old 03-19-2016 | 01:52 PM
Facepalm
Track Day

Have the same issue on my fairly new depo tails. Located in Michigan and have had a humid winter. After the engine warms up the heat always makes the condensation go away, doesn't bother me enough to try and fix it.

Quick Reply: Depo Dectane Condensation