Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD or EVOMSit - can anyone HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Dubbin'
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD or EVOMSit - can anyone HELP?

Hey guys!

I have a 2007 C2S with headers, sport cats/ X-Pipe, Cargraphics Super Sound muffler, GT3 Throttle body, IPD Competition Plenum and the EVOMS intake.

It's time for a tune to tie everything together. Can you guys offer any insight on which you would recommend? I felt sold with the FVD knowing it was from Germany etc... although I've read up on both and am now confused...

Can anyone help?

Thanks guys,
Mark

Old 03-15-2016, 03:32 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

I used FVD with similar mods you have. Worked fine. Get the handheld tuner....you get it in the mail, install software on laptop, go to car and connect handheld device to OBD II port, download your ECU file, take handheld device to your laptop and load it onto your laptop, send it to FVD via email, they send you back a modified file, load that into your handheld device, go to car and load in the new file via the OBDII port connected to handheld device. Note, this is done with power switched on and off, with a sequence that must be followed exactly. You need some way to keep the 12 volts to the battery as it downloads/uploads the file with no battery drain. Drain the battery while you do this and your really screwed. If you have poor computer skills and can't follow the precise sequences on ignition on/off and pressing buttons on the handheld device, don't try this at home boys and girls.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM
Dubbin'
Instructor

Thanks for the reply! I do like the handheld device which allows to do it yourself and revert to stock if required...

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-18-2016, 05:37 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have heard great things about APR Tuning, you may want to add that to your considerations.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubbin'
2005 C2S with headers, sport cats, Cargraphics Super Sound muffler, GT3 Throttle body, IPD Competition Plenum ....
The above mods + FVD My Genius.
Excellent results. More torque. Free revving engine.
Bid difference between before and after flash, never expected that much.
No regrets. Great tune. Easy to install.
Cheers,
=L=
Old 03-19-2016, 10:30 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

I got the Softronic 997s tune, and have been VERY happy with it.

Very responsive, and seemed to really pickup in the higher RPMS.

I asked for a 94 tune, since the Petro Canadas around here all have 94 octane.

Still havent gotten around to installing my headers and high flow cats, but should be on soon, and expect to pickup a little bit more power.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Dubbin'
Instructor

Originally Posted by halo777
I got the Softronic 997s tune, and have been VERY happy with it.

Very responsive, and seemed to really pickup in the higher RPMS.

I asked for a 94 tune, since the Petro Canadas around here all have 94 octane.

Still havent gotten around to installing my headers and high flow cats, but should be on soon, and expect to pickup a little bit more power.
I tend to stay away from Petro Canada due to their high level of Ethanol. The 94 Octane has more than 10% Ethanol which is not recommended for Porsche (it's mentionned in the owners manual). I go with Shell 91 Octane usually.

FVD seems like a good option. Easy to do it myself which is a benefit... I will consider dynoing the car.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

I tend to stay away from Petro Canada due to their high level of Ethanol. The 94 Octane has more than 10% Ethanol which is not recommended for Porsche (it's mentionned in the owners manual). I go with Shell 91 Octane usually.

FVD seems like a good option. Easy to do it myself which is a benefit... I will consider dynoing the car.

Thanks,
Mark
Petro's website claims "Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol." Did you find a study somewhere showing it's actually more than 10%?
Old 03-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Dubbin'
Instructor

Originally Posted by scorcherjf
Petro's website claims "Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol." Did you find a study somewhere showing it's actually more than 10%?
Sorry, I re-read what I wrote and what I meant was that 94 could contain up to 10% as you've stated. My bad.

Shell 91 is exempt of Ethanol. I stick to that.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-23-2016, 04:39 PM
scorcherjf
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, I re-read what I wrote and what I meant was that 94 could contain up to 10% as you've stated. My bad.

Shell 91 is exempt of Ethanol. I stick to that.

Thanks,
Mark
Well octane is octane... so with a proper tune like the ones you're considering, the car will make more power with 94 Petro, despite a bit worse fuel economy. If you really think 10% ethanol is bad for the car, then perhaps just run the 94 when you plan on driving spiritedly/track days and then switch back to 91 for most of the time?
Old 03-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get it dyno-tuned by someone who knows what they're doing.

You're in Canada, so MantisSport?

Quick Reply: FVD or EVOMSit - can anyone HELP?