Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3TEK rear spoiler lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016 | 08:32 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Default GT3TEK rear spoiler lip

Anyone have one? Decent pictures of it? The ones on the site really don't show much...
Old 03-02-2016 | 10:27 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

It's pretty mild, breaking up the rear lines just a bit. This was a three summers ago when I had the full GT3Tek body installed (minus the roof lip). I've since switched to a TechArt fixed rear wing for a more aggressive look. If anyone is interested in my original GT3Tek rear lip, it's still attached to my rear deck lid sitting in my basement. Send me a PM and we can discuss.

Old 03-02-2016 | 10:35 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

I like it... looks good. Like you said - its pretty mild. I assume you had it painted to match the car.
Old 03-02-2016 | 10:47 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Yes, paint matched to the car. All the body pieces are black poly from GT3Tek. The body shop took care of everything - sanding, spot filling, primer, paint and install.

Before rear bumper and rear wing install
Old 03-02-2016 | 11:43 AM
Paqueras
Instructor

I like it! I bought one 6 months ago and now i just bought the front splitter. Have to wait to arrive to Peru but I think that this guys make good stuff with decent prices.

*I will upload some pics in the afternoon. Im at the office right now*
Old 03-02-2016 | 12:06 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Anyone have a link to where you can buy this? GT3TEK site doesn't seem to have it.
Old 03-02-2016 | 01:13 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Originally Posted by semicycler
What kind of rear bumper is this? Is it also made by GT3TEK? It looks like it is designed for a 4S wide body. Could you elaborate on where you found it and how much was it?

What does it take to install the GT3TEK rear wing? I happen to have a car of the same color and may be interested by your rear wing.

Thanks
Yves
Old 03-02-2016 | 02:26 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
What kind of rear bumper is this? Is it also made by GT3TEK? It looks like it is designed for a 4S wide body. Could you elaborate on where you found it and how much was it?
GT3Tek GT3 RS style rear bumper. Direct swap for a 997. Notice the dual exhausts, no need to convert to a single center exhaust. That photo has the rear bumper corners flared out a bit too much, the car is actually a NB. My body shop adjusted it a bit since that photo was taken, pulling in the two lower corners to expose just a hair of the wheel from the rear. I also left off the rear bumperettes. Love the rear look without them.

I bought the front lip, side sills, rear bumper, deck wing lip, and roof lip as a full body kit when GT3Tek was running an end of year sale that was just too good not to pass up. Somewhere around $2K for the entire kit shipped to my door at the time. A few years ago so not sure on pricing now. Also not sure if that exact kit is still offered. I've seen GT3Tek post here on rennlist and over on 6-speed from time to time, PM them for questions and details. I'd wager they could sell you just the pieces you need even if it's not listed separately on their website.

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
What does it take to install the GT3TEK rear wing? I happen to have a car of the same color and may be interested by your rear wing.
The GT3Tek rear deck lip is 3M automotive taped onto your OEM deck lid, holds well without any screws or fasteners. For even better adhesion use epoxy though. My side sills would loosen every couple of months with just the 3M tape so they are now epoxied on. As said earlier it comes from GT3Tek unpainted in black poly. In my case I've since removed the entire rear deck lid with the GT3Tek rear lip still attached to fit a TechArt fixed wing. Here's a photo of my removed deck lid with the lip still attached. You would be able to swap it for your standard OEM one following any of the rear wing install DIY's.

This is the roof lip I never installed. It attaches to the top of the rear windshield near the roof line. As you can see it is unpainted, black poly with the 3M adhesive tape on the rear. It was a bit too much for my tastes. Anyone interested here PM me as well, I'd let this go cheap. It will need some fitment and painting before you can install it though. The rear deck lid lip was in similar condition from GT3Tek before my body shop did their magic.

Old 08-12-2017 | 02:08 AM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

We will be having a sale on our full 997 body kit we also sell individual parts. You can call us at 619.690.5081 or email us at targa5@aol.com

Quick Reply: GT3TEK rear spoiler lip