Sponsored by:

New owner of a 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:27 AM
winthorp
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of a 4 GTS

Little bit late intro after already posting questions about tires... My family and I live in Bellevue, WA, and after owning a 2008 Cayman for 4 years with an Audi A6 in-between I’m back in a Porsche (was able to convince my wife that the rear seat is good enough for dropping off our 8 year old son at school…). I’m originally from Hamburg, Germany, and came to the US about 17 years ago for a job with a large, local tech company.

After searching for the right car for almost 2 years I finally found it: a local, one-owner Meteor Grey CPO 2012 4 GTS with a Black full leather interior and 9,378 miles.

It was listed by Porsche of Bellingham, a small Porsche dealership about an hour North of Seattle. My sales person was David Tucker, who has been with them for a long time. It was a joy to work with him (a lot of the negotiations were done via email). He was very prompt to respond before and after the sale.

Prior to buying the 4 GTS I test drove a large amount of cars, most of them at Porsche of Bellevue. I felt somewhat bad about not buying from them as they were always letting me test drive cars by myself and the sales person I worked with, JP Munoz, was very responsive via email too.

I test drove various 997s, 991s and even some 993s. Pretty early on it became clear to me that I wanted a 997 4S. I just loved the planted feeling, wet weather traction and, of course, the wide hips. Furthermore, while the 991 is a great car it is just not what I envisioned in 911. I also looked at the 993, but for a daily driver the 997 was just a better fit for me personally. After driving several PDK cars I decided that mine had to be a PDK too.

Here’s the build:

911 Carrera 4 GTS
- PDK
- Meteor Grey
- Black Full Leather Interior
- Self Dimming Mirrors
- Heated Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 3 Spoke Multi-function Steering Wheel
- Wheels Silver Colored
- Park Assist System
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Extended Navigation PCM 3.0
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Sirius Sat Radio Tuner
- 6-Disc CD/ DVD Changer
- Deletion of Alcantara Package
- 12-Way Power Seats

The car was stored in a pre-owned showroom, fully detailed and like new inside and out when I first looked at it – absolutely spotless! It was a custom order by the previous owner via Porsche of Bellingham, the only 4 GTS the dealership received and one of the last 997s coming off the production line. He replaced it with a 991 4 GTS Targa.

I picked up the car on New Years Eve. After I arrived at the dealership late in the morning I took out the car for a final test drive. Then we did the paperwork while the service department was replacing the spark plugs (they had to overnight them) as the final part of the 4 year service (one of the requirements for the CPO).

In their showroom they had a White 918 Spyder, an Orange 991 GT3 RS and a White 991 GT3 roped off. Besides those there also were a Boxster Spyder, a GT4 and a 991 4 GTS (all already sold). I chatted a little bit with the chap who bought the 4 GTS (he only did the paperwork that day) and was also able to sit in the 918 Spyder (quite hard to get in and out at 6’5”…).

I drove the 4 GTS back to Bellevue via the Chuckanut Drive late afternoon. I’ll never forget that day -- the sun was out and the car &views were stunning. Finally driving my dream 997 home felt just amazing – what a day!
Attached Images     
Old 02-29-2016, 12:41 AM
SF911TT
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the GTS club! She's looks AWESOME.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:51 AM
Troy997.1
Intermediate

Great car have fun
Old 02-29-2016, 07:44 AM
92C2Targa#119
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice 4 GTS. Mine is a close twin. Enjoy, they are a blast.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:50 AM
EdwardB
Instructor

Congrats. You'll love it!

Ed
1987 Carrera
2012C4GTS
Old 02-29-2016, 11:41 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Time to paint that garage wall at home. Your new ride need pimped bedroom.
Congratulations on your new ride.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:29 PM
turbo3.6
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking car, welcome!!

Trending Topics

Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:09 PM
TheBlackMamba
Advanced

Congratulations! Great looking car. Enjoy!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by winthorp
Little bit late intro after already posting questions about tires... My family and I live in Bellevue, WA, and after owning a 2008 Cayman for 4 years with an Audi A6 in-between I’m back in a Porsche (was able to convince my wife that the rear seat is good enough for dropping off our 8 year old son at school…). I’m originally from Hamburg, Germany, and came to the US about 17 years ago for a job with a large, local tech company.

After searching for the right car for almost 2 years I finally found it: a local, one-owner Meteor Grey CPO 2012 4 GTS with a Black full leather interior and 9,378 miles.

It was listed by Porsche of Bellingham, a small Porsche dealership about an hour North of Seattle. My sales person was David Tucker, who has been with them for a long time. It was a joy to work with him (a lot of the negotiations were done via email). He was very prompt to respond before and after the sale.

Prior to buying the 4 GTS I test drove a large amount of cars, most of them at Porsche of Bellevue. I felt somewhat bad about not buying from them as they were always letting me test drive cars by myself and the sales person I worked with, JP Munoz, was very responsive via email too.

I test drove various 997s, 991s and even some 993s. Pretty early on it became clear to me that I wanted a 997 4S. I just loved the planted feeling, wet weather traction and, of course, the wide hips. Furthermore, while the 991 is a great car it is just not what I envisioned in 911. I also looked at the 993, but for a daily driver the 997 was just a better fit for me personally. After driving several PDK cars I decided that mine had to be a PDK too.

Here’s the build:

911 Carrera 4 GTS
- PDK
- Meteor Grey
- Black Full Leather Interior
- Self Dimming Mirrors
- Heated Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 3 Spoke Multi-function Steering Wheel
- Wheels Silver Colored
- Park Assist System
- Sport Chrono Package Plus
- Extended Navigation PCM 3.0
- BOSE Surround Sound System
- Sirius Sat Radio Tuner
- 6-Disc CD/ DVD Changer
- Deletion of Alcantara Package
- 12-Way Power Seats

The car was stored in a pre-owned showroom, fully detailed and like new inside and out when I first looked at it – absolutely spotless! It was a custom order by the previous owner via Porsche of Bellingham, the only 4 GTS the dealership received and one of the last 997s coming off the production line. He replaced it with a 991 4 GTS Targa.

I picked up the car on New Years Eve. After I arrived at the dealership late in the morning I took out the car for a final test drive. Then we did the paperwork while the service department was replacing the spark plugs (they had to overnight them) as the final part of the 4 year service (one of the requirements for the CPO).

In their showroom they had a White 918 Spyder, an Orange 991 GT3 RS and a White 991 GT3 roped off. Besides those there also were a Boxster Spyder, a GT4 and a 991 4 GTS (all already sold). I chatted a little bit with the chap who bought the 4 GTS (he only did the paperwork that day) and was also able to sit in the 918 Spyder (quite hard to get in and out at 6’5”…).

I drove the 4 GTS back to Bellevue via the Chuckanut Drive late afternoon. I’ll never forget that day -- the sun was out and the car &views were stunning. Finally driving my dream 997 home felt just amazing – what a day!

congrats on the Car. Enjoy it.

I am Originally from Berlin in the US since 1996 and became a US Citizen in 2002.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
master_jcp
Instructor

Congrats to your new Baby. Rare pick with just 15k km on the odometer. Nice to see that it has silver colored wheels. Very classic and elegant color combo. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,466 Likes on 919 Posts

Congrats!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:11 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats, looks beautiful!
Old 02-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh are you going to have fun! You'll have no problem finding an excuse to go out for a spirited drive
Old 03-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Switchfoot614
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Epic Find! Congratulations and welcome.

Quick Reply: New owner of a 4 GTS