Sponsored by:

best ways to avoid engine issues, Scoring and IMS on 997.1. A bit nervous

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Callas is the only shop in California that has completed the exhaustive IMS Solution Certification process.

Don't complain about having to drive an hour, I have cars here from 31 states at the present, and one just shipped from Norcal all the way to Georgia for the IMS Solution to be installed here, where I invented it. An hour is almost too close for you to appreciate the process.
Which begs the question, why NorCal to Clev? My google maps shows NorCal to SoCalif is still closer 😉

So you would recommend IMS Solution in my case? New clutch or no (20k miles) or just wait til clutch needs to be done and do it all together.

Btw, I was just typing my notes tonight. Just ordered a 26mm socket so I can order the LN oil filter adaptor, new filter and then do the JGR br30 and then dt40 oil switch. Also have the LN magnetic oil nut in my cart as well.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Which begs the question, why NorCal to Clev? My google maps shows NorCal to SoCalif is still closer 😉

So you would recommend IMS Solution in my case? New clutch or no (20k miles) or just wait til clutch needs to be done and do it all together.

Btw, I was just typing my notes tonight. Just ordered a 26mm socket so I can order the LN oil filter adaptor, new filter and then do the JGR br30 and then dt40 oil switch. Also have the LN magnetic oil nut in my cart as well.
The owner wanted the hands that developed the IMS Solution to install it into their Porsche.

Happens twice a week here. I wouldn't know what it was like if we worked with cars from only an hour away.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:28 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

The owner wanted the hands that developed the IMS Solution to install it into their Porsche.

Happens twice a week here. I wouldn't know what it was like if we worked with cars from only an hour away.
Opinion on........?

"So you would recommend IMS Solution in my case? New clutch or no (20k miles) or just wait til clutch needs to be done and do it all together.

Btw, I was just typing my notes tonight. Just ordered a 26mm socket so I can order the LN oil filter adaptor, new filter and then do the JGR br30 and then dt40 oil switch. Also have the LN magnetic oil nut in my cart as well."
Old 03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Opinion on........?

"So you would recommend IMS Solution in my case? New clutch or no (20k miles) or just wait til clutch needs to be done and do it all together.

Btw, I was just typing my notes tonight. Just ordered a 26mm socket so I can order the LN oil filter adaptor, new filter and then do the JGR br30 and then dt40 oil switch. Also have the LN magnetic oil nut in my cart as well."
I try really hard not to make recommendations for anything these days.. Even though my part of the IMS Solution is over, people still make an issue out of me endorsing something with a recommendation on a forum. It doesn't make a difference to me what you buy, zero, zilch, nada.

With each year that goes by I try to get further and further out of the spotlight with my developments, because of issues just like this. Since the IMS Solution I haven't tagged my name onto anything that I've developed. Doing so just makes life hell, keeps the phones lit up from people wanting answers, and etc about things that we don't offer retail.

It sounds like the rest of your plan is pretty solid.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:24 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

I try really hard not to make recommendations for anything these days.. Even though my part of the IMS Solution is over, people still make an issue out of me endorsing something with a recommendation on a forum. It doesn't make a difference to me what you buy, zero, zilch, nada.

With each year that goes by I try to get further and further out of the spotlight with my developments, because of issues just like this. Since the IMS Solution I haven't tagged my name onto anything that I've developed. Doing so just makes life hell, keeps the phones lit up from people wanting answers, and etc about things that we don't offer retail.
Ummmm, wow. Ok, I wasn't here for a debate, I guess I missed all the drama. Sorry to take up your time.

Quick Reply: best ways to avoid engine issues, Scoring and IMS on 997.1. A bit nervous