Sponsored by:

double flash and driver side door not locking

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:09 PM
am_ver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default double flash and driver side door not locking

My rear control unit (under driver side) was replaced by dealer 2 months ago. Everything appeared to work fine. However, now it appears the driver side door is not getting locked.

The car does a double flash (no beep) and the red light in the center console blinks red. However, I can open the driver side door (its not locked). The alarm does go off when I open the door after locking. The passenger side door cannot be opened.

Connected using Durametric this morning and there was a fault code of 8006 (Door lock fault). I cleared it and locked/unlocked/opened while locked - but the error never came back. there are no error code for the left side door.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Could this be a setting or a part that is broken?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:22 PM
am_ver
Intermediate

Also, I tried locking the driver side using the key (in the key hole) and the door does get locked that way. Central locking (in the dash) button does not lock the driver side door either.

I a noob using the durametric, got the error codes by going to Left Door - Fault codes. But if there is other ways of troubleshooting, then I'm all ears.

Last edited by am_ver; 02-28-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Danny Vendel
5th Gear

Is this problem solved?
Old 09-08-2016, 05:40 PM
am_ver
Intermediate

Nope I just use the key to manually lock the car. I spoke to an indy and he mentioned that one option is to remove the battery and see if it resolves this problem. This problem came up after I changed the battery so she might be right.

Quick Reply: double flash and driver side door not locking