Anyone tried Liftbars on a 997.2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,556 Likes on 4,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I would worry about the angle of the jack stand to the bar-mount which I think Wayne is concerned about (me too).

Let's say your jack stands can go "high". As you jack the side, the angle increases. You go high. You place a jackstands under there. Now go around to the other side and start to jack... you may apply an odd pressure causing the bar and the jackstand to "roll" and pop out.

Pete, do you feel there is a height limit where my thought experiment kicks in? What do you think?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Theoretically, I can see the potential you're talking about. When I need to go up high, I do it in stages as Wayne mentioned, maybe 6"-8" at a time and haven't noticed that anything wants to roll or pop out as I'm doing it. Once you're up, you're on 4 jacks stands and things are very stable.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,200 Likes on 767 Posts

Pete, Bruce, you both caught my drift. But since it appears that my words could have been read differently, nwGTS, thank you for noting that trying to balance the car on only two points would be very unwise.

I currently use Dan's method of jacking from just in front of the rear tire to place a front jack stand, gently lowering the jack to supply pressure to that stand, then using another jack to raise from the same side at the rear stabilizer to remove the first jack and insert a second jack stand before gently lowering the second jack. Then I repeat for the other side.

But this requires two jacks, and makes subsequent rising to get better clearance difficult.

The bars reduce the jack need to one, and allow you to increase the total height. I like that.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Liftbars on a 997.2?