Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to Buy a 997.2 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016 | 04:34 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian Kotyk
Buy the car, buy new seats, sell for carbon buckets for $5-7k and you can pocket the $3-5k difference which will bring down the $57k vehicle price
Yes, the seats should be relatively easy to sell/swap with you netting a few grand in the process.

BTW... I love the Arena Red 993, there was a friend of my parents that had one when I was about 17, I loved that car!
Old 02-18-2016 | 05:11 PM
Cysco
Racer

Originally Posted by mike cap
Thanks for the link. I don't think I'd be happy with the seats in that car as a DD though.

I appreciate all the help so far and will add Sports Chrono to the equipment list as suggested.
FWIW, I felt the same way about my car/seats. I bought it from out of state and actually assumed I'd swap the seats out once I get it.

Then the car showed up and I sat in them. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Perfect driving position. They're a little more tricky to get out of, but not bad. you get the hang of it. I also assumed my wife would refuse to sit in them, but she actually loves them. We took a multiple-hour road trip in the car a couple weeks ago. They were great.

As others have said, you could easily sell those seats for 5-7k if you ended up not wanting them. You could then buy a pair of regular or sport seats for 2-3k and pocket the difference. The seats are incredibly desirable, especially since they're not making them anymore.

That launch car in the posted link is a great looking car. It appears to have an aftermarket exhaust on it and some nice looking aftermarket wheels. Don't let the seats deter you!

Quick Reply: Looking to Buy a 997.2 C4S