Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 997.2 TTS Owner - Suspension mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:22 AM
qrpike
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New 997.2 TTS Owner - Suspension mods?

Hey all. Picked up a 997.2 Turbo S the other day. I've owned many nice/fast cars but this is the first Porsche.

I live in Atlanta but went on a trip through the TN/NC mountains last weekend. The car was amazing.

Besides saying hi to the community, my question is:

Which mods can I do to the car to improve the handling of the car? There are plenty of items for suspension, but which is the best "bang for buck". It has headers and a chip and is pushing ( I would guess ) close to 600hp. So speed performance isn't as much of a concern.

It's not that the car handles bad, but I had an R8 with H&R's and I think it felt slightly better.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Check out the DSC Sport electronic suspension control box. TPC racing has them. It replaces the OEM PASM controller and turns your suspension into a true active suspension. tightening up just the necessary corner based on speed, accel, g-force, brake pressue, etc.

Also check out the 997 turbo forum here on rennlist. They will have better answers for your boosted car then us NA people.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:11 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I think most tracking cars go to a coilover shock like bilstein
Old 02-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,403 Likes on 4,081 Posts

Originally Posted by semicycler
Check out the DSC Sport electronic suspension control box. TPC racing has them. It replaces the OEM PASM controller and turns your suspension into a true active suspension. tightening up just the necessary corner based on speed, accel, g-force, brake pressue, etc.

Also check out the 997 turbo forum here on rennlist. They will have better answers for your boosted car then us NA people.
Congratulations & welcome.

+1 on the TPC DSC box. Can't be beat in the bang for the buck department and takes literally 10 minutes to install in a TT like yours. Start with that and if you need more you can then look at Coilovers (Bilstein Damptronics or TPCs own line of shocks), Lower Control Arms, Toe Steer Kits, Dog Bones, Camber Lock Plates, etc.

I have them all.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2016, 05:47 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist! Congratulations on your purchase. Looks to be in great condition. You can check out what we offer for your 997.2, suspension wise HERE. Good luck and let me know if you ever need anything.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Quick Reply: New 997.2 TTS Owner - Suspension mods?