Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with these codes in a 997.2: P1094, P1078, B2AAA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any experience with these codes in a 997.2: P1094, P1078, B2AAA?

I have a 2009 997.2 C2S PDK that I picked up a little under 2 months ago. It is in excellent shape and only has 14k miles on it. I love the thing. So does my wife. However, she was driving it the other day and as she got home the CEL popped up. I plugged in my generic OBD reader (no Durametric) and got the following codes: P1094, P1078, B2AAA. I have searched and can't find anything here or on Renntech about the codes. The car has been running fine and the freeze frame data didn't show anything amiss. I reset the codes and have driven it probably 20 miles and they have not reappeared. The only mods are a primary muffler bypass and a Fabspeed intake. I suspected the Fabspeed but could not find any research suggesting it as the source of the codes. I checked all the connections, particularly to the silicone coupling and then from the silicone coupling to the throttle body and all seemed fine. When I purchased the car the PSE button did not work as the valves in the exhaust were stuck open. As I noted in a previous thread when I pulled the rear bumper for the center bypass installation I found that the passenger side muffler's vacuum line had become detached and was hanging free. After reattaching the PSE began working again. I shudder to think of all of the crap that could have potentially been ingested by the engine through that vacuum leak while the hose was disconnected. I have no idea how long it was not working prior to my purchase of the car. However, the PSE had been installed after purchase by a Porsche dealer and the car was totally maintained and was inspected by that same dealership so I am quite annoyed it happened.

Anyone have any idea what could have caused the codes?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 PM
St8haus
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting...I just installed a Fabspeed intake and it had a CEL displayed, but went away immediately once in Drive. This screams exhaust-related to me based on your vacuum line not being connected properly. Any idea how long that was un-hooked?

After some searching I see the P1094 code for a Cayenne mass air flow sensor/throttle-related issue...any noticeable change in the throttle response? Feel?

And here is a list of all P codes (not confirmd, just trying to help)

P OBD Codes

And to "reset" your codes, are you using the OBD tool you have or is there a way to do that myself? I know in some of my past vehicles I could do a song/dance with the key or just simply do a - battery terminal reset
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Thank you for the post. No idea how long it was unhooked. I saw the mass air flow sensor/throttle relation which made me think intake but that is the only thing I found about the code for Porsches on the entire internet.

As I said I have an OBD reader that I used to reset the codes.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Your prior owner probably pulled that PSE line so he could hear open pipes at all times - PSE plugged in with valves is awful and contrived sounding - open pipes is glorious (in the 997 anyway).

I have never heard of issues related to unplugging the PSE line...I've had mine unhooked for almost 7 years and the car runs flawless - no CEL.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:31 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

It is possible but I doubt it on the PO pulling the lines. People usually pull the lines at the engine if they do it. This one was pulled at the muffler. Also it wasn't capped so it was likely sucking crap into the engine.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:14 AM
St8haus
Racer

Originally Posted by Para82
Your prior owner probably pulled that PSE line so he could hear open pipes at all times - PSE plugged in with valves is awful and contrived sounding - open pipes is glorious (in the 997 anyway).

I have never heard of issues related to unplugging the PSE line...I've had mine unhooked for almost 7 years and the car runs flawless - no CEL.
Can you give me a little more info on pulling the PSE line? I am a noob with this...

Is it easy to do? Do you have any pics/tips? And what is the result of pulling the PSE? Does that mean the PSE button on the interior is no longer viable? Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:52 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

You just pull a vacuum line from the engine bay and plug it up. There are several threads on it. This just makes the PSE mufflers loud all the time. They are no longer controlled by the button on the dash but instead are open or loud all the time.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:09 AM
St8haus
Racer

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
You just pull a vacuum line from the engine bay and plug it up. There are several threads on it. This just makes the PSE mufflers loud all the time. They are no longer controlled by the button on the dash but instead are open or loud all the time.
Got it...thanks for the info!

I went a slightly different route...orfered a Fabspeed Center muffler x-pipe bypass. It will allow the usage of the PSE but should open up even more...hope I made the right call.

Sorry for the thread jack...did you get these codes figured out??
Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

They haven't reappeared. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I fitted a center bypass to my PSE as well. It sounds amazing. I think you will be pleased.

Quick Reply: Any experience with these codes in a 997.2: P1094, P1078, B2AAA?