Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE GROUND SHIPPING With Purchase of QuickJack Lift!

Old 02-11-2016, 03:50 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FREE GROUND SHIPPING With Purchase of QuickJack Lift!

Imagine having the ability to safely and easily lift your entire Porsche off of the ground for that upcoming DIY project. QuickJack gives you all the clearance you need, even for those hard-to-reach spots. Sets-up in seconds, simple to operate and lightweight, Pelican Parts is proud to introduce QuickJack, available now with Free Ground Shipping (saving you over $100!) to anywhere within the Continental U.S.

QuickJack requires Automatic Transmission Fluid so don't worry about rushing out to the store to buy it because we'll include two 1ltr. bottles of ATF fluid with each QuickJack purchase, in addition to FREE GROUND SHIPPING in the US, saving you over $100!

CLICK HERE to watch the a QuickJack in action and purchase yours today!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 06-23-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:21 PM
der Geist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone looking at a jacking solution. I couldn't be happier with mine. I bought mine through an indie tool distributor but got the same deal. I don't think that the 3500 pound model will work with a Porsche though so be careful. I think there is a video on youtube where a guy with a 3500 pound model successfully welded on plates so that he could use it with his 911. I have a C4S and the lift points on the 5000 pound model just barely hit the jack points on my car. The thing that I like best about this is that it has 2 lift positions with locks. The lower is perfect for wheel changes, brake and exhaust work. The higher one is good anytime you have to get under it. I just cannot say enough good things about this product and the customer support at Bend Pack.

Not affiliated with Bend Pack, Ranger or Pelican.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your review on the product. As an added note, I believe the individual who had to change up his lift had an older model BL-5000 and the ones we have listed are BL-3000SLX through BL-7000SLX. The old BL-5000 model was too short for Porsches. They then made an XL model (now discontinued), but came with the SLX that is better than the XL model as it fits more Porsches. They made this to accommodate the Porsche in specific.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:26 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

Pelican Parts wrote: "but came with the SLX that is better than the XL model as it fits more Porsches. They made this to accommodate the Porsche in specific."

Would be nice to know which model fits which Porsches rather than this general "fits more Porsches," which implies not all Porsches. How do I know which one fits my Porsche?
Old 02-13-2016, 12:08 PM
MFGJR
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Would be nice to know which model fits which Porsches rather than this general "fits more Porsches," which implies not all Porsches. How do I know which one fits my Porsche?
Joe,

The fore-aft distance between the midpoints of a 997's jack points is 54 inches, so the lift needs to be at least 57 inches long. More than, say, 68 inches long and there might be tire clearance issues, so consider that the max.

Pelican's site says the 3,500 and 5,000lb models have an "overall frame length" of 62 inches. If that's the dimension of the lift's top surface--and not the dimension of the parallelogram lift's footprint when lowered--then it should be perfect. Bendpak usually has the product manuals on their website, showing the detailed measurements, but the QuickJack doesn't
seem to be there. Perhaps call to Bendpak can confirm the critical dimension.

Last edited by MFGJR; 02-13-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:29 PM
der Geist
Instructor

I'm not exactly sure what he is talking about. I looked at the spec sheets and both the 5000xl and the 5000SLX have a 60" maximum jack point. As does the 7000 series. I think that the frame is a little beefier now on the SLX. Unless you are lifting a SUV the 5000 models are what you want. Using a 3500 model is a little dicey as the 911 weighs very close to 3500 pounds. I'm not sure 5000SLX fits any "more" Porsches than the 5000xl. he 7000 series will lift a SUV so I guess the Cayenne would count as "more". The 5000 should be good for any 911 and Panamera.

The way to be sure is to measure the lift points on your car and see that they fit within the "maximum spread" of the jack (found on the technical spec sheet). If in doubt call Bend Pack customer support. They are extremely helpful.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:32 PM
der Geist
Instructor

http://www.quickjack.com/bl-5000slx-...-230-volt.html

Click on the "Technical Specs" text (in Green) for all the critical measurements.

Strange I don't see the 5000 series in 12V DC or 110AC.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:55 PM
jglaze
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by der Geist
http://www.quickjack.com/bl-5000slx-...-230-volt.html

Click on the "Technical Specs" text (in Green) for all the critical measurements.

Strange I don't see the 5000 series in 12V DC or 110AC.
Link to all the SLX improvements: http://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-s...res-explained/
110V: http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickj...-110-volt.html
12V: http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickj...c-12-volt.html

> AC Power Unit Time to Full Rise: 31 seconds
> DC Power Unit Time to Full Rise: 18 seconds

To PelicanParts - how long is the free shipping offer good for? I'm interested, but my wife won't let me pull the trigger till we confirm our tax bill for this year...
Old 02-15-2016, 01:13 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jglaze
Link to all the SLX improvements: http://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-s...res-explained/
110V: http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickj...-110-volt.html
12V: http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickj...c-12-volt.html

> AC Power Unit Time to Full Rise: 31 seconds
> DC Power Unit Time to Full Rise: 18 seconds

To PelicanParts - how long is the free shipping offer good for? I'm interested, but my wife won't let me pull the trigger till we confirm our tax bill for this year...
I believe this should be running for a while so you have time.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:33 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Pelican Parts wrote: "but came with the SLX that is better than the XL model as it fits more Porsches. They made this to accommodate the Porsche in specific."

The video in which the gentlemen above was talking about was in reference to a 997 in specific. The 62" QuickJack should be sufficient for your 997. If you have any questions just let me know and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Originally Posted by der Geist
I'm not exactly sure what he is talking about. I looked at the spec sheets and both the 5000xl and the 5000SLX have a 60" maximum jack point. As does the 7000 series. I think that the frame is a little beefier now on the SLX. Unless you are lifting a SUV the 5000 models are what you want. Using a 3500 model is a little dicey as the 911 weighs very close to 3500 pounds. I'm not sure 5000SLX fits any "more" Porsches than the 5000xl. he 7000 series will lift a SUV so I guess the Cayenne would count as "more". The 5000 should be good for any 911 and Panamera.

The way to be sure is to measure the lift points on your car and see that they fit within the "maximum spread" of the jack (found on the technical spec sheet). If in doubt call Bend Pack customer support. They are extremely helpful.
I apologize as I should have been more specific. When speaking to QuickJack, they described their XL as resolving the issue of having to modify the previous jack to fit a 997. They stated that the current SLX jack is just a better revision of the XL. They said that the revisions they have made to these jacks was in specific to the Porsche community, as you could see of individuals having to modify them to fit their 997, allowing a better fitment and eliminating the need to modify them. jglaze posted a good link to the specifics above in regards to the difference between the XL and SLX. It's also a good idea, as stated, to measure the distance between your jack points and your wheels to determine which jack will fit best.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:25 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just a heads up, the 3500SLX and 7000SLX models are on back order until the beginning of May. All 5000SLX units are in stock and will ship in 24-48 hours from your purchase. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:30 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Also, for anyone curious about height ranges I've posted this for you below. SUV adapters should add 3".

Old 02-25-2016, 03:29 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Bump!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 183 Likes on 144 Posts

I ordered a 12V 5000SLX on Tuesday. Estimated delivery is late next week, although I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation.

Since this is shipping from Bendpak, I'm assuming I won't get any info on tracking numbers, etc. from Pelican?

Mark
Old 02-26-2016, 05:59 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mark Salvetti
I ordered a 12V 5000SLX on Tuesday. Estimated delivery is late next week, although I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation.

Since this is shipping from Bendpak, I'm assuming I won't get any info on tracking numbers, etc. from Pelican?

Mark
Thank you for your order, Mark. I have been informed that once we receive tracking information you will be updated with that information so you can track your package. If you do not, please let me know and I will personally get it for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FREE GROUND SHIPPING With Purchase of QuickJack Lift!