Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Fabspeed 997.2 Cold Air Intake Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016 | 08:08 PM
Cysco
Racer

Default Question about Fabspeed 997.2 Cold Air Intake Installation

Question for someone who has installed the Fabspeed cold air intake on their 997.2.

I installed mine today. Really straight forward.

The only unclear thing about their instructions was what to do about the vacuum line that ran to the old intake. The instructions show you just pull the hose off the old intake and it says to tie it up somewhere.

I ended up pulling the hose off at the solenoid end so i wouldn't have the long tube just sitting in the bay. So:

1. Is my assumption that you can pull the hose off the solenoid correct?

2. am I supposed to plug that line/solenoid? Or, is it just supposed to sit there and suck air for the rest of its life.

Just making sure I'm not missing something.

Thx
Old 01-31-2016 | 10:25 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Yes you can pull the line off the solenoid but then you need to put a cap on the solenoid port. Or you can plug the hose, I've used a snugly fitting bolt screwed down in the vacuum line until the head of the bolt was all of the way down in some cases but prefer the capping method if possible. Don't stretch the vacuum line out too much if you do it this way but it does need to be snug enough to prevent a leak.

I have several extra silicon caps that work perfectly for this. They are orange colored but provide an excellent seal. If you PM me your address I send one to you in an envelope at no charge. It is the cleanest option. It is one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Push-On-P...-/261430995167. You can probably get something like it at an auto parts store too if you'd rather.

Quick Reply: Question about Fabspeed 997.2 Cold Air Intake Installation