Sponsored by:

Porsche is losing me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 03:57 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crossroads
Something has been on my mind lately while my 997 is in hibernation. With all the new turbocharged engines in the 991 and Boxster/Cayman, my head is spinning! I am used to changes in Porsche happening at a much slower pace.

Now that Porsche is under VW, I feel that Porsche is no longer in charge of itself as a company. Rather, they are under the direction of VW and I don't like that. I realize that VW group and Porsche have always been one big family but Porsche was separate.

Ever since I started to get into Porsches in the 70's and 80's, turbocharging was reserved for the ultimate Porsches both racing and street. I drooled over the turbo 930 and still do today. Now, even the base 991's are turbocharged and a turbocharged Porsche really isn't special the way it used to be. Oh well, change is life. And I like my 997 even more for it.
If you think Porsche makes the best car in every category.......your Kool Aid card must be platinum.

Manufacturers change and sometimes not in the way you want. Being brand loyal is a recipe for disaster. We all have personal requirements for what is the perfect X car. For me, a full size Range Rover is the perfect SUV. The Ferrari 599 is the perfect GT. The 997 is the perfect everyday sports car. One day, ill add a muscle car with a modern day power plant to the brood.....just because I like to to turn wrenches and keep it simple.

Point being, drive what makes you happy and forget the background hiss.

Quick Reply: Porsche is losing me...