Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gundo Hack vs PSE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 03:35 PM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

I may have the most unique exhaust system here. I did the Gundo and didn't like it much so I added the extra "super gundo" pipe and it improved somewhat. I then added a Sharkwerks bypass and I liked it better, but still not completely happy. As another poster mentioned, time helps and I either learned to like it, or the sound improved
Old 01-29-2016, 09:51 PM
sst7250
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am very new here so hopefully I don't get thrown under the bus

I would like to see the INSIDE of the B&B pipe where the exhaust flange is welded on. We fabricate headers at our shop frequently and it is not unusual to just see small stich welds on the exterior of the flange. The reason is the insides are fully welded 360 degrees. Pretty common practice and usually hold up longer than a fully welded flange on the exterior side only will.

It also appears the B&B style is built more like a set of custom headers built from a series of mandrel bends cut and welded to make the pipe. Where as the Sharkworks tubes appear to be 100% Mandrel bent and one continuous piece. The only real difference here is aesthetic provided the mandrel bends are welded together square, whish they appear to be.

Once again not trying to throw anyone under any bus here just making observations based on what I see and our years of experience building headers. IMO the prices for either are WAY above the cost of materials. We build stainless headers all the time and cannot see them needed more than a couple hundred at most in materials to do. Guess I will find out soon enough when we do our own.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by sst7250
We build stainless headers all the time and cannot see them needed more than a couple hundred at most in materials to do. Guess I will find out soon enough when we do our own.
I'm sure that a lot of members share your outlook on fabrication cost and the probable margins.

Just based on the amount of members in this site brings to mind a very basic concept... Given similar materials and workmanship, how many units can you sell at $900 and how many units can you sell at say $400?

Overall, if what you say about quality/margins is true then it sounds like you have a great business opportunity and this site is a fantastic place to begin your marketing
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 PM
sst7250
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am new to the Porsche crowd but been in the auto business 35 years and racing and fabricating for 25. We will be making our own here soon. All the parts can be course at SPD so not gonna worry bout getting parts made yet. But will see what they parts run us, I know on the tubing just not for the flanges. All out of stainless and tig welded. Cannot imagine we have more than a couple hundred in materials then our time..
Old 09-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by KLS

I may have the most unique exhaust system here. I did the Gundo and didn't like it much so I added the extra "super gundo" pipe and it improved somewhat. I then added a Sharkwerks bypass and I liked it better, but still not completely happy. As another poster mentioned, time helps and I either learned to like it, or the sound improved
Is that a .1 or a .2 muffler? Any video clips?

Quick Reply: Gundo Hack vs PSE