997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI Results - Need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016 | 01:02 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

I had a clean Carfax too but if the accident is not reported then it does not get to Carfax.

Originally Posted by Cpiendl
I ended up paying $52000 plus tax after getting $1000 off toward those couple repairs.
The car is Balsic Black with Black interior, paint 10/10 interior 9/10
Sport seats, and sport chrono
2007 C4S with clean carfax
It's David at Eurospek (attached to World Fine Cars) in Toronto. I trust this guy to the n-th degree especially since he has refused to do some mods on my car because he knew they were a waste of money. He keeps me real in terms of my vehicle investments.

Originally Posted by bdiamond001
Give a big thank you to the guy who did the PPI. Sounds like a very comprehensive report.
Old 01-21-2016 | 08:29 PM
street rod
Drifting

Originally Posted by quiverkiller
On a more general note, prior to taking the car to the PPI I assume you agree on a sale price with the seller. Do you (anyone reading this) also agree to the stipulation that if something comes up the seller would be at least open to renegotiating the sale price?

Thanks,

QK
Absolutely agree.
Old 01-21-2016 | 11:18 PM
jesjammin
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I just bought a 09 C2S cab with 30K miles, PDK, and a nice set of options for 52.5K. I priced its original sticker at a shade over 115K. Oh and it was a CPO car. If you use the tools of the internet you can find some great bargains right now. Trying to get it shipped home right in the middle of this damn snow storm! I will post pictures once it arrives.
Old 01-22-2016 | 07:40 AM
REDTURBO
Racer

Originally Posted by jesjammin
FWIW, I just bought a 09 C2S cab with 30K miles, PDK, and a nice set of options for 52.5K. I priced its original sticker at a shade over 115K. Oh and it was a CPO car. If you use the tools of the internet you can find some great bargains right now. Trying to get it shipped home right in the middle of this damn snow storm! I will post pictures once it arrives.
The other sale prices quoted in this thread we're in Canadian dollars....
Old 01-22-2016 | 11:30 AM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

The car was on consignment and I shared the results with the dealership that was trying to sell the car. They are considering returning the car to the owner as I don't believe they were aware of these issues and would not want to be in a situation where the Carfax is clean but the PPI identifies a load of issues.

I was asked by the dealership if I was willing to buy the car at a new price but I declined for reasons that I've shared in a previous post.

Originally Posted by quiverkiller
Just curious what the seller said when/if you shared the results with him/her.

On a more general note, prior to taking the car to the PPI I assume you agree on a sale price with the seller. Do you (anyone reading this) also agree to the stipulation that if something comes up the seller would be at least open to renegotiating the sale price?

Thanks,

QK
Old 01-22-2016 | 01:07 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
The car was on consignment and I shared the results with the dealership that was trying to sell the car. They are considering returning the car to the owner as I don't believe they were aware of these issues and would not want to be in a situation where the Carfax is clean but the PPI identifies a load of issues.

I was asked by the dealership if I was willing to buy the car at a new price but I declined for reasons that I've shared in a previous post.
smart move to pass on this one. Be patient and Keep looking, there are some great cars out there at a good price. Good luck with the search
Old 01-22-2016 | 01:26 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Thanks to you guys and your collective knowledge
Old 01-22-2016 | 03:00 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jesjammin
That's a good buy - be sure to post up pics when you get it!

Originally Posted by REDTURBO
The other sale prices quoted in this thread we're in Canadian dollars....
I was thinking that.

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Thanks to you guys and your collective knowledge
Yes, Rennlist is GREAT!

Quick Reply: PPI Results - Need your opinion