Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Springs. Anyone have them installed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Took measurements of my Techarts after about 4700 miles and 6 months:
Front left and front right are the same. 3.25" rim to fender and 25.75" ground to fender. rear left and right are 3.75" rim to fender and 26.75" ground to fender. There is actually a slight discrepancy between the rear left and rear right by 1/8 or 1/16, but I attribute that to my garage floor not necessarily being completely level.

Btw, checked my initial post from when I initially measured right after installation: rears have settled .25 inches in the rear. Fronts are the same.

Last edited by awrryan; 01-04-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:20 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad at all...in fact I prefer the ride on Eibachs than the stock setup.

Originally Posted by GT2RSobsessed
How much worse are the bumps in the road now? I'm not sure if people are just blatantly lying, but some have stated the Techart springs take bumps even better than stock pasm. This seems highly unlikely that aftermarket springs absorb bumps in the road better than oem stock.

P.S. Pictures are highly appreciated
Old 01-05-2016, 01:13 AM
skynet
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I studied all the lowering threads before making my decision to go with Eibach springs at around $400, half the published price of Techart.

I'm 90% convinced that Techart springs are same as Eibach, but they may be different. If you decide to go Techart maybe email around and ask for discounted price, I think you can get them for 600.

Here's my 997.2 Base with Eibach, 7mm spacers all around. The back tires are 305mm so the 7mm look perfect (net 12mm).

I think its the perfect lowering amount, fits the geometry of the well. "Pepper" looks sportier but not 'lowered'.

So far no problems with bumps or driveways, slow with an angle, kind of fun as its another part of driving the 911.

One thing that worried me was getting in out of the car. An old man struggling to get out of a low car is not attractive! But I didn't notice any change.

This car continues to amaze me!
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
dashanin (09-10-2019)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Originally Posted by 997_Toronto
Not bad at all...in fact I prefer the ride on Eibachs than the stock setup.
Totally agree. I was honestly expecting maybe a slight degradation in ride quality, but was ready to tolerate it for the vastly improved stance/look of the car (yes...I'm that vain...). Boy was I thrilled when the car looked so much better AND rode so much better. Totally, thoroughly happy with the Eibachs.

Also, someone somewhere on this thread said the Eibachs seem to fall between the TechArts and H&R when it comes to ride height. I think that is exactly correct.

Eibachs and 7/15 spacers here....
Old 01-29-2016, 01:47 AM
KungPao
Intermediate

I recently installed Eibach pro kit on an '07 997.1 C2S with PASM. Noticed the front ride height looked lower than it should be. Called Eibach and they informed me that after settling the measurement from the center hub to the fender well lip should be 14" Front and 14.2" Rear. Mine clocked in at 13.25".

Through the wonderful members of this Forum I was informed that there are compensating plates (3mm and 6.5mm) which can make the difference I was concerned about. having the 6.5mm plates installed this weekend which should correct the front ride height. Just an FYI if you are doing a pre-install measurement
Old 01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KungPao
I recently installed Eibach pro kit on an '07 997.1 C2S with PASM. Noticed the front ride height looked lower than it should be. Called Eibach and they informed me that after settling the measurement from the center hub to the fender well lip should be 14" Front and 14.2" Rear. Mine clocked in at 13.25".

Through the wonderful members of this Forum I was informed that there are compensating plates (3mm and 6.5mm) which can make the difference I was concerned about. having the 6.5mm plates installed this weekend which should correct the front ride height. Just an FYI if you are doing a pre-install measurement
Should be installing my 6.5 mm compensating plates Monday. I'll report back.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:33 PM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BradS71
Totally agree. I was honestly expecting maybe a slight degradation in ride quality, but was ready to tolerate it for the vastly improved stance/look of the car (yes...I'm that vain...). Boy was I thrilled when the car looked so much better AND rode so much better. Totally, thoroughly happy with the Eibachs.

Also, someone somewhere on this thread said the Eibachs seem to fall between the TechArts and H&R when it comes to ride height. I think that is exactly correct.

Eibachs and 7/15 spacers here....
Looks great. 7 and 15mm spacers seem the way to go. Waiting until the Spring before I lower my 911 on Eibachs.

Do the 997.2 C2S have compensating plates? With what option/trim level do these compensating plates come with?
Old 02-03-2016, 11:39 AM
KungPao
Intermediate

Had the larger width compensating plates installed this week and the car looks fantastic. ride height level and not like a snow plow. Decided at the same time to switch out my Hankook Evos (came with the car) with Pole Position S-04s. Hope it will change my ride experience because I have been having issues with balance and body wobble over 65mph. Will run 10mm front spacers and 12 mm rears. Can't wait to get it back on Saturday, just in time for anticipated 70 degree weather in SF. Superbowl what? Thanks everyone for their inputs.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Are these compensating plates necessary when installing lowering springs on the car? Is the front always lower without the compensating plates? Do all 4 corners need to be done? Also does this increase fender gap? Sorry if I am asking dumb questions.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Are these compensating plates necessary when installing lowering springs on the car? Is the front always lower without the compensating plates? Do all 4 corners need to be done? Also does this increase fender gap? Sorry if I am asking dumb questions.
I thought the compensating plates were for cars with PASM...right? I don't have them and my ride height is perfect (IMO).
Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Had the larger width compensating plates installed this week and the car looks fantastic. ride height level and not like a snow plow. Decided at the same time to switch out my Hankook Evos (came with the car) with Pole Position S-04s. Hope it will change my ride experience because I have been having issues with balance and body wobble over 65mph. Will run 10mm front spacers and 12 mm rears. Can't wait to get it back on Saturday, just in time for anticipated 70 degree weather in SF. Superbowl what? Thanks everyone for their inputs.
Glad to hear it. I would have had my 6.5 mm compensating plates installed Monday, but I need new front shocks. Following EMC2's post, I ordered 4 new Bilstein B6 (heavy duty) since my car is already at the garage, since I will need an alignment and since I believe the rears are not far off from being gone anyway. My garage will install the 6.5 mm compensating plates when the new shocks are delivered. FYI, my garage found all 4 Bilstein B6 shocks for about $1,250.00 expedited delivery. It's only about $100.00 more than tirerack.com and there is an expedited delivery charge. From experience, tires alone can cause a slight vibration even if everything else is fine. Post a pic when you get your car back.

My understanding is that a compensating plate is necessary and part of the front strut assembly; however, whether you have a 3.0 mm or a 6.5 mm compensating plate depends on the market, but I'm not entirely certain how Porsche determines which ones to use. The front being lower may be the result of the springs in conjunction with whatever compensating plate you have. I slightly thicker compensating will most likely increase fender gap, but the difference between a 3.0 mm and 6.5 mm compensating plate is only about a tenth of an inch. I'm installing it anyway since I believe it will make my car more level in conjunction with newer shocks and I want as much ground clearance as I can get with lowering springs for various driveways. Not sure about rears

Originally Posted by BradS71
I thought the compensating plates were for cars with PASM...right? I don't have them and my ride height is perfect (IMO).
I think they come on all cars notwithstanding whether the car has PASM, but not certain about them.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:26 PM
BradS71
Advanced

Originally Posted by awrryan
My understanding is that a compensating plate is necessary and part of the front strut assembly; however, whether you have a 3.0 mm or a 6.5 mm compensating plate depends on the market, but I'm not entirely certain how Porsche determines which ones to use. The front being lower may be the result of the springs in conjunction with whatever compensating plate you have. I slightly thicker compensating will most likely increase fender gap, but the difference between a 3.0 mm and 6.5 mm compensating plate is only about a tenth of an inch. I'm installing it anyway since I believe it will make my car more level in conjunction with newer shocks and I want as much ground clearance as I can get with lowering springs for various driveways. Not sure about rears

I think they come on all cars notwithstanding whether the car has PASM, but not certain about them.
Ah, OK...gotcha. So they're there, its a matter of which thickness you need/want with the given springs. Thanks
Old 03-03-2017, 02:37 PM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, looking at this thread, I am very interested in installing the Eibachs. Pretty decent at $300 vs $600 Techarts.

So, I have an 09 Cab S with PASM and GT3 front bumper with lip. For those that installed the Eibachs. How much more of an issue was/is ground clearance?

For now, I have to be VERY careful just pulling out of my driveway. If I hit the right angle, I wont scrape. But, even going up or down inclined driveways or parking spots, scrap galore. I believe at this moment that I have to buy another front lip as mine is starting to crack.

Also, how many of you are running aftermarket rims with this with no spacers?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Hunt3R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you scrape now you're going to have an even tougher time once you change out the springs, no matter which ones you get. I can't get around scraping somewhat on steep angles and I have the standard 997 bumper. With a GT3 bumper you just have to accept that you're going to have to buy a new front lip eventually.

What are you wondering about wheels? I've run stock and aftermarket wheels, spacers and no spacers, track and street. Right now I'm just running the stock lobsters with no spacers and I've grown to like the look of how they are tucked under the fenders a little. I also run a more aggressive alignment than stock. The Eibachs haven't prevented any of this.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:26 PM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunt3R
If you scrape now you're going to have an even tougher time once you change out the springs, no matter which ones you get. I can't get around scraping somewhat on steep angles and I have the standard 997 bumper. With a GT3 bumper you just have to accept that you're going to have to buy a new front lip eventually.

What are you wondering about wheels? I've run stock and aftermarket wheels, spacers and no spacers, track and street. Right now I'm just running the stock lobsters with no spacers and I've grown to like the look of how they are tucked under the fenders a little. I also run a more aggressive alignment than stock. The Eibachs haven't prevented any of this.

Yeah, I have come to accept that the front lip is going to be replaced on a yearly basis as this is my daily.

I am worried about rubbing. I would prefer not to. My rears are like right on the edges of lining up with the edge of the car. The fronts are ok, but if I have to dial in more camber then I have to deal with wearing out the tires faster right? Not a statement, just a question.

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs. Anyone have them installed?