Sponsored by:

Road Force balancing experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 12:08 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by lurchphil
Porsche dealer in Sacramento wants $185 to mount and balance my new Michelin PSS tires. Seems fairly reasonable to me. Your thoughts?
That is about right for Porsche dealers. I paid $160 3 years ago at my local dealer.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:56 AM
WV997S
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
It was a teenager who mounted the first set of performance tires on my 240-Z. Using a bubble-balancer on the uneven floor, with wind coming through the partially closed garage door jiggling the wheel, he balanced all 4 tires so well I never felt the slightest imbalance at any speed. This was back in the 80's.

Oh, and he mounted the tires with old-school tire irons, all manual, no machine anything.

I think about that kid, everything perfect by hand. Then I think about the grown man who all he has to do is push a button. And he can't get even that right.

But, I don't draw from that any societal decline type conclusions. I just say, try and find someone who knows how to use the equipment.
I think the solution is to find someone who cares. I see it all the time, people who know how to do what is right or a good job and simply don't care enough to put the time and effort into the project.

The same is true with lawyers, accountants, bankers and everything else.....find one who gives a hoot.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 PM
lurchphil
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Had my Michelin PSS tires installed on my 2012 997.2 at the dealer today. Smooth as silk! Beautiful work and a free carwash. They even asked me to join them at their lunchtime BBQ. Free food and excellent work = happy customer. Niello Porsche in Rocklin CA.

Quick Reply: Road Force balancing experience