Sponsored by:

New Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:22 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Emblems

So I did the stock emblems in plastidip to see if I liked it. Ordered new emblems a few hours later. Got black Carrera and painted the silver S red. I love the contrast and looks even better in person. The stock silver never popped. Additionally I plastidiped the center to test it out like on the GTS. Not loving it, but it doesn't look bad either. Will keep it for a week and see if it grows on me. FYI new emblems are insanely expensive for plastic, but you have no choice besides staying stock.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

I have the same setup and it looks great. Hat it for longer than a year and it still looks great. Just be easy on it when washing the car.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:49 PM
jwennlund
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks sharp
Old 12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Went with matte black and red....
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2015, 04:01 PM
PelicanParts.com
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice! Looks very good.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:21 PM
hollywood1053
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the look of these.
How easy are they to change out?
Old 12-14-2015, 04:38 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hollywood1053
I like the look of these.
How easy are they to change out?
Very easy....

Use unwaxed dental floss to remove existing emblems. Just slide the floss behind the emblem and move the floss back and forth in a "slicing" type motion.

Remove any leftover two way tape from the old emblem with a carnuba based wax cleaner.

Apply a wax glaze to area, then your normal wax.

Determine the center of your new emblem and line it up with the center of the rear panel....I used the center rib on the rear spoiler.

Put down some painters tape to use as a straight edge to align the new emblem....mark the center point

Determine the center line of your new emblem and mark this point (something that can be removed of course!)

Peel the backing off the new emblem and attach along the tape line while lining up the two cener marks.

That's it.....took me about 20 minutes for the whole job.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:01 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Directions above. I cleaned off the area using Goo Off and my nail through a paper towel to get the residual marks off. I made sure not to scratch the surface. It took me awhile to do (PITA). I don't know about waxing. Most people use Alcohol to get the surface clean and ready for the tape on the back of the emblem. I taped up my old emblem before I removed it so I could line up the black/red emblems in the same spot. The Carrera comes in black (It's slightly different than stock) - says 996 rally or something like that. The S you have to paint yourself red. Suncoast has both of them and you can buy the S painted, but it mentions that it was slightly smaller. I figured for $8 bucks in red paint I could do it myself with a stock silver one and save like $20. A new S emblem is definitely a rip off ($40). I just figured for such an expensive car it deserved a nice Emblem so paid the price.

FYI - I did four light coats of red spraying at an angle so I could get the sides. Then I would rotate 180' and spray again. Making sure to move quickly and start and end the spray before and after the emblem on cardboard. Came out perfect.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:15 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ftlaud911
Directions above. I cleaned off the area using Goo Off and my nail through a paper towel to get the residual marks off. I made sure not to scratch the surface. It took me awhile to do (PITA). I don't know about waxing. Most people use Alcohol to get the surface clean and ready for the tape on the back of the emblem. I taped up my old emblem before I removed it so I could line up the black/red emblems in the same spot. The Carrera comes in black (It's slightly different than stock) - says 996 rally or something like that. The S you have to paint yourself red. Suncoast has both of them and you can buy the S painted, but it mentions that it was slightly smaller. I figured for $8 bucks in red paint I could do it myself with a stock silver one and save like $20. A new S emblem is definitely a rip off ($40). I just figured for such an expensive car it deserved a nice Emblem so paid the price.

FYI - I did four light coats of red spraying at an angle so I could get the sides. Then I would rotate 180' and spray again. Making sure to move quickly and start and end the spray before and after the emblem on cardboard. Came out perfect.

I paid the Porsche "tax" and bought them from Suncoast.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Greg2010
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 58 Posts

Very nice. The black and red looks really sharp. Been thinking about doing the same on the C4S. Searched the internet and will probably go the Suncoast route. I found the black "Carrera" but haven't yet found a black "4" to go with the red "S".

Quick Reply: New Emblems