Sponsored by:

Car Cover Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:49 PM
jglaze
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
In that situation I would skip the flannel cover and go with the outdoor cover with several towels underneath. That's because I am assuming most of your potential damage will be from people who think the cover means its okay to set groceries and boxes on your car, brush up against your car, bang their doors into it. (His cover saves the edge of my door getting chipped when I ding into him, what a nice guy!) In all those cases a bunch of folded towels will protect better, cost less, take up less space, be a lot more washable, and be at least as easy to deploy as another cover.
+1 to all this. Also, I've used Covercraft Evolution custom fits for several vehicles and have been happy with them all. Thick and durable, it works great indoors and out.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:32 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Had an oem cover for my 944T. Thin stretchy one. Used it over the winter for storage. 10+ years.
Had a great outdoor cover for my 997. Daily driver, car was never clean enough to put it on. It would have inflicted more damage than protected it from.
Never ever put it on. Sold it, as new.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:44 PM
otuA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the California Car Cover Ultraweave on my car which is parked outside in SoCal. The car is not a daily driver, so it is easy to dust when I return, and waterless wash every week or so. The cover is machine washable which I do once a month. I take the cover off when it rains.

I have not noticed any scratching in the year I've used it. It would probably not be wise to put on a perfect swirl free brand new paint job, but that'll never be my car. It is more than worth it to me considering the alternative is being under the sun all the time with no garage.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
Looking for an outdoor car cover for my 2009 C2, any suggestions?
I bought one from Griott's Garage. Exterior type--waterproof. Washes well, and can even go into my dryer. Ordered with reflective pin striping. Has held up extremely well.

While I used to really like the cotton covers, I had to move away to something that would not leave lint on my cab top.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 PM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked ours up from California Car Cover... excellent product. It's the 5th outdoor cover we've got from them and they have all performed to expectations. There are other companies as well and they all seem to sell several "flavors" of outdoor covers. Give them a call to discuss your specific application.
No Affiliation
Gary
Old 12-12-2015, 03:40 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You want a fitted cover made from NOAH material. This breathes amazingly well, sheds water, protects the cars surface and offers some degree of ding protection. I use Car Cover Direct. There is provision for securing cover using grommets and cord. Car must be waxed and clean to avoid scratching. Roll cover on and off to minimize dragging. Cost about 200$ lasts 2-3 years of constant use in my experience.

Quick Reply: Car Cover Suggestions