Sponsored by:

"Transmission temperature too high"

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 10:27 PM
deersnypr
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Question.

* Cleared by Porsche * No problems and hasn't repeated again.

I have a new to me CPOed '09 Carrera S with PDK. Car has been well taken care of. Had the car for a few weeks with no issues and wanted to try out the launch control for the first time... I performed launch control once and it was beautiful, no issues. I wanted to try again and the car immediately hesitated when changing gears. I thought it was a fluke and so tried again and got the message "Transmission temperature too high" when it hesitated this time. I obviously didn't try again. The alert went away immediately. Is this something I should be concerned about? Car drove fine rest of the day.

Last edited by deersnypr; 05-22-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: No Problems
Old 11-21-2015, 10:57 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by deersnypr
I have a new to me CPOed '09 Carrera S with PDK. Car has been well taken care of. Had the car for a few weeks with no issues and wanted to try out the launch control for the first time... I performed launch control once and it was beautiful, no issues. I wanted to try again and the car immediately hesitated when changing gears. I thought it was a fluke and so tried again and got the message "Transmission temperature too high" when it hesitated this time. I obviously didn't try again. The alert went away immediately. Is this something I should be concerned about? Car drove fine rest of the day.
Best I can say is stay in warranty one way or the other. My now gone -09 C4S had the PDK replaced. I never saw the warning you got but saw the "emergency transmission run" a number of times. Cleared itself twice as I recall it but when it came on the third time it was goodnight.

I say stay in warranty since my replacement cost 14K. Going by other posts lately they seem to have gotten cheaper by almost 50%.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:00 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I know this may sound a bit obvious but make sure there's nothing obstructing the radiators.

Also when was the last time the gearbox fluid was changed? This is something that my need to be done and it may resolve the issue. Lastly, when you performed the launch how long did you go under the "launch" before you stopped?

Let me know if that helps.

CheeRS,

MJ
Old 11-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

May not be your issue, but there was a problem with harness crimp for temp temp sensor in some early cars. Bulletin exists for replacement due to misreading temperature ranges.

Quick Reply: "Transmission temperature too high"