Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My F77 C2s new owner....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 AM
street rod
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Mick that is one beautiful car and one of my favorite color combos. I am sure the new champion wheels will look great but I am personally a big fan of the blacked out wheels with silver rim accent on a black car. Are those lobster forks its hard to tell in the pic due to the lighting. If I was you I would drive it for a while with the current wing and see how you feel about it by summer before changing over to a duck tail. I am a big fan of the duck but the car has very nice lines with the current configuration. Could you post one more pic so we can see the front splitter?
Old 11-22-2015, 12:36 PM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Very nice PCar....call it whatever you like.
In principle, I agree with you. It's your property, you can do what you like with it. You can call it a Type R if you want.

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Can appreciate that but it's a bit more then a few parts from Champion. Substantial enough where Excellence magazine recognized it and did a full review of the kit. I think Champion offers the rebadge at time of the work. I am a realist so certain the gt3 is quite more the car on MANY levels. But this was an offering for those with c2s cars who wanted more but were not going to upgrade to a GT3 etc. I repeat (before the torches and lynching starts) by no means think the f77 package is in line with a GT3 but think does a nice job at scratching that itch to mod, get more from a c2s, have a more unique car over a base c2s and add some small level of performance.

Again I can understand the comment. That said not as if badged something it's not like adding a s badge to a none s car etc. What I do like is that is sparks up some conversation with those curious what the F77 is.

Thanks, agreed.
Mickfluff, no need to defend it! I was more referring to Champion Motorsports choice to rebadge it, not your choice to use the name that they created.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:09 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the note and could not agree more on that fashion grey color and if I ever wrapped the car this would be the color I would go with.... Agreed to keep Champion wheels on the car and one of the reasons I stayed with Champions. Seems like there are a few F77 cars I have seen and each running a different wheel style albeit from Champion. I have yet to see a F77 none aero kit car but sure they must exist where someone added the kit to a none aero car. In fact my car is not a factory aero kit car but oem porsche aero was added at the time the previous owner did the mods.... Hoping the new wheels look right as 20s can sometimes just look to big. Time will tell!

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Very nice car! Congrats. I've liked that car from when it first came out, especially in that special Fashion Gray-ish color, "Man from Chile Grey." Smart to stay with the Champion wheels; those new ones will look great, especially in that gunmetal color. Maybe keep the originals too, though, as the F77 is kind of special and recognized by many to be a "complete car," and it may be good to have all the original parts. Anyway, enjoy it in the best of health. Oh, and yeah, the aerokit looks perfect on it.
Thank you for the comment. The current set up is very nice and hoping the new wheel set up works. The wheels on it now are Champion 20 rs128 forged. Here is a pic on them close up with the orange upgraded brake kit...They will likely be for sale soon!

I was all set to buy the ghetty duck ASAP but in person that factory Aero was better looking ten what I expected. So find less of the urge to swap out ASAP. Going to run through this set of mods with wheels incoming and some other stuff; once I get bored likely go retro w/duck and likely rotiforms. How swiftly that happens will again all depend on how happy I am with this first round of mods. The nose is a factory porsche aero front nose. (Will look for a pic)

Originally Posted by street rod
Mick that is one beautiful car and one of my favorite color combos. I am sure the new champion wheels will look great but I am personally a big fan of the blacked out wheels with silver rim accent on a black car. Are those lobster forks its hard to tell in the pic due to the lighting. If I was you I would drive it for a while with the current wing and see how you feel about it by summer before changing over to a duck tail. I am a big fan of the duck but the car has very nice lines with the current configuration. Could you post one more pic so we can see the front splitter?
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2015, 06:06 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Front splitter view as requested.... In black hard to see the detail. But stock porsche aero front end.
Thanks again for the positive comments.

Originally Posted by street rod
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:30 PM
j beede
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to hear more about removing the tinting. I'd like to return my rear glass to factory tint but fear that I will end up buying new glass due to the mess.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:55 PM
DougM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j beede
I'd like to hear more about removing the tinting. I'd like to return my rear glass to factory tint but fear that I will end up buying new glass due to the mess.
I have successfully removed tint in the past with one of these.
Amazon.com - Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer - Hand Held Clothes Steamer Amazon.com - Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer - Hand Held Clothes Steamer
Just be patient and it slowly peels off with little mess.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I gotta get me an F77, but I would call it an F14 Tomcat in homage to my favorite movie Top Gun.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:21 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default pain

Quite the pain to remove.... Wish I did it slower really taking time to pull back the tint with the glue coming with it. tint itself came off relatively easily but sticky glue left behind is a pain. Goop off, razor blade, cotton towels and windex and time and patience. Good luck if you try and remove... If there was a local tint shop would have had them remove and pay, but they are 45 min away and I am impatient.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:59 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

smoking hot car - really nice! congrats!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:49 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thank you

Thank you sir for the good words....

Originally Posted by stevepow
smoking hot car - really nice! congrats!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:45 PM
pf2000
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F77 owners unite!

The following users liked this post:
Clinton Ave (01-26-2020)
Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Can appreciate that but it's a bit more then a few parts from Champion. Substantial enough where Excellence magazine recognized it and did a full review of the kit.
I tried finding a copy of the Excellence article, no luck. Can you describe what mods make up a full F77 car? It obviously includes Champions 997.1 F77 power kit which is similar to the OEM X51 power kit in components. Anything else included to make a full F77 car? Suspension, brakes, body kit, etc.?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Champion offers a lot for the 997 cars... as you noted the F77 is the power kit but many cars are equipped with other parts they offer from wheels and other as well as parts they sell through Champion etc. In the article they make mention of larger brakes but did not see them on the site provided. Hope the below link helps... The F77 cars I think can start with power kit and then go on to add champion wheels, springs (think they use HR) etc.. They also sell Werks1 parts as well whom is a subsid of Champion group and makes some neat pieces... so one can take a Champion modded car quite the distance if wanted to try and stay with the Champion theme etc.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/

werks1

http://www.championmotorsport.com/Articles.asp?ID=156

Originally Posted by semicycler
I tried finding a copy of the Excellence article, no luck. Can you describe what mods make up a full F77 car? It obviously includes Champions 997.1 F77 power kit which is similar to the OEM X51 power kit in components. Anything else included to make a full F77 car? Suspension, brakes, body kit, etc.?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:34 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 112 Posts

I really love that interior color. Goes great with the black. Very nice car man.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

My recommendation is to pay a pro to do it. They charged me $100 to remove the tint in all the windows. End result was perfect.

Beautiful car OP!

Quick Reply: My F77 C2s new owner....