Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Upcoming Maintenance and Mods - Chime in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My Upcoming Maintenance and Mods - Chime in.

My parts collection has built up (thanks on-line shopping and UPS!).

I just got done traveling for work, so I have to tackle the following:

EVOMS intake (per Sharkwerks)

Spacer set, hubcentric 7mm and 15mm set (per Sharkwerks)

Borla catback (I am ditching my dual resonator setup. It's too loud... and I have someone interested, so it's coming off). It's great for storming down roads, but it kills any adult conversation/enjoyment between two people. I almost went Tubi, but I prefer the Borla sound now that I've finally heard it. Borla comes with tips, too.

Serpentine belt: Well, what a good coincidence, the intake needs to come off for this job. My belt appears to be squealing, and I am desperately trying to determine if it is just the belt, and I think it is. When it first squealed, I hit it with some belt conditioner, because I wanted to know if the sound was from the belt. After five minutes, it got quiet and stayed quiet for a 30 minute drive. The next day, the noise was back.

I'm at 49000 miles. If I bring up my squealing belt, most 911 peeps say, "Oh, it's probably the water pump; they don't make it past 50 or 60k miles often.

ANYWAY... is there anything I should watch out for when doing the work above? At this point, all I need is a breaker bar for the belt tensioner... far as I can tell.

Quick Reply: My Upcoming Maintenance and Mods - Chime in.