Sponsored by:

Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 AM
alleykat
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S

Finally making my intro thread.Found this site looking online for parts to buy.I had made a thread elsewhere so here it goes too.

Long story short I finally got a 911 that fit my criteria,mainly it being an aerokit S model.The fact that its white and almost all my cars have been white was just a bonus.To top it off after looking nationwide the car I got was only like 25 miles away from me.

2008 911 S - Carrara White
Aerokit
Chrono
Sport seats
White gauges
X97 shift **** & ebrake

Im a real DIY kinda guy so will be doing whatever possible on my own.I do have plans on changing this car a good bit.

I took this pic soon after I got the car,I was just checking my air pressure at the gas station by my house.Right after that I couldn't stand my scraped front lip anymore so I temporarily plastidipped it black.This while a replacement would come in.So this is pretty much the only pic I have of it with a white lip.Kinda regret not taking more.

Also purchased some HRE wheels to rebuild to my specs.Im kinda impatient so I bolted them up for pic purposes,yes they're aggressive fit.I think they were originally for a 993 but that wont matter later.I have rebuilt my fair share of wheels so its not a problem for me.

I work for myself in the automotive field including powder coating and fabrication.Funny thing is I have beat myself for months trying to figure out what color I wanna do those HRE's.

My car originally came with a Fabspeed setup but it was too quiet for my taste.I decided to build my own system and after a bit I came up with this.

That's actually after testing it a few thousand miles hence the goldish color.All stainless steel changes after a while.Took me 3 or 4? revisions before I was happy with the sound.My next step is to fit the new exhaust tips,also hand made of course.That is why my bumper is off so I can stare at it so more and figure it out.

I have some other other plans after this exhaust.I'll post pics once that time comes.Currently having my friend draw some brackets in solidworks for me.

That's it for now.

-Alex
Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 AM
alleykat
Instructor

Very short sound clip with my buddies Gallardo as well.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 AM
alleykat
Instructor

To add to the story I will also be adding some type of mesh to my front bumper asap.I get leaves in the openings and even a old cigarette box in there somehow.I have started unbolting things in the front already.Kinda wanted to wait till I got a 3rd radiator but it was bothering me.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

nice looking car

don't forget to enjoy the car with all the work you are planning
Old 09-22-2015, 05:12 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Louis de Funes
nice looking car

don't forget to enjoy the car with all the work you are planning
Louis thanks,I agree I will and have been driving it when time permits.I just get bothered by things like the whole bumper openings issue.I want to take it to some PCA events but want it dialed in first.To me these little things so far are just somewhat maintenance things.

I just removed my headlights for the first time btw,wow so easy!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:48 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S

Always nice to see one more 911 in the Great State of Texas. Many miles and smiles...T
Old 09-22-2015, 07:42 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Loving those HRE wheels, Alex! Welcome, officially, to Rennlist. If you ever need anything during your DIY process be sure to let me know!
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-29-2015, 08:43 PM
cali_banks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LIKE THE WAY IT SOUNDS
Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 261 Posts

Do the center in old bronze with a polish lip.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Always nice to see one more 911 in the Great State of Texas. Many miles and smiles...T
I should have mentioned I drove it from Houston to Austin.Ran into a GT4 half way thru.

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Loving those HRE wheels, Alex! Welcome, officially, to Rennlist. If you ever need anything during your DIY process be sure to let me know!
Thanks. I actually was looking at new fender liners,I will be in touch.

Originally Posted by cali_banks
I LIKE THE WAY IT SOUNDS
I really need to record better footage.It def sounded different than the other 911's I've been around.

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Do the center in old bronze with a polish lip.
I'm not good at polishing so I will prob do the lips powder coat something too.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 PM
alleykat
Instructor

This coming weekend is Lamborghini Festival so I went ahead and registered.It's not just for Lambos of course,there is other makes registered.Looking forward the most to the group drive.I already started prepping my HRE and now I'm gonna do my calipers while I wait for the new wheel lips to show up.

Brake pads,pistons,dust boots,inner seals,bleeder valves - everything all removed

Had never seen blue brake fluid before btw.It looks like straight gatorade blue,guess I will be getting some specific stuff from the Porsche dealer soon when I bleed the brakes.The bad thing is I have to do 2 calipers at a time instead of all 4! I don't have time to waste so I'm dealing with it.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:43 PM
alleykat
Instructor

The calipers are now 95% chemical stripped.I will remove the paint thats left and prep the whole surface with light media blasting aka sand blasting.That will give the powdercoating best durability.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:20 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Took a quick snap of a almost finished caliper,this is going to be a 3 stage powder coating job when its all done.The base coat was chrome powder followed by the acid green ala 918 spyder style.

Finally I put on the high temp vinyl and finally it will get a powdercoat clear.Yes I switched it to Brembo instead of Porsche lettering.I think its a better contrast and I like the little logo before the Brembo starts.

I'll get better pics later,I have a lot of work left to do to make it to this weekends event.Stay tuned for the wheel reveal,it will be hate it or love it.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

The calipers turned out great, nice work!

I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the car.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve 911
The calipers turned out great, nice work!

I look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the car.
Thanks Steve,here is the next set of pics.

Finished rebuilding my HRE for now.

-Satin faces
-Satin black inner barrels
-Acid green lips same as the calipers
-Stock chrome HRE hardware

These pics are kinda dark but you get the idea.Color is the same as the previous caliper in sunlight picture.Hate it or love it.

Oh and also installed my new black front lip,no more running the beatup white one I plastidipped black over.

I'm still wanting to wrap my wing middle section in a satin black,hopefully soon.

Quick Reply: Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S