Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

looking forward to seeing how you make those work... would love to see a rivot style like wide body kit for the 997... not quite aggressive as lets say a RWB but to give the 997 and old school 993gt2 like look would slick IMO

Originally Posted by alleykat
Haven't posted in a while.Slapped on my other set of wheels just for fun. Might need a little more than a fender roll for these.

GT3R style quarter panels should do the trick.Work schedule is slowing me down though.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT3R quarters would be awesome. If you go that extreme please go OEM. This has potential to be just so disgustingly cool. GT3R or keep it as is IMO.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
looking forward to seeing how you make those work... would love to see a rivot style like wide body kit for the 997... not quite aggressive as lets say a RWB but to give the 997 and old school 993gt2 like look would slick IMO
Although I am a fan of RWB old school Porsches, I don't want to do a rivet on flare on this car.It was RWB & Liberty Walk who really got put out there with this style.I liked it but now there is so many knock offs of that style going on the crappiest of cars.I've seen rusted out "stance" cars of every make with rivet flares and IMO its taking away from what used to be exclusive because of the pricing of real quality kits.So on my car I want to do something that can't be easily duplicated,plus I want to be very involved in the whole process.I don't do fiberglass work so custom metal work it will be.

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
GT3R quarters would be awesome. If you go that extreme please go OEM. This has potential to be just so disgustingly cool. GT3R or keep it as is IMO.
I am going for that oem style yes but i will be working my own quarters not buying FRP panels.This will be a street car that gets driven so I need it as sturdy as possible.Basic plan is to slit the quarters and pull them out into position.Fill in the gap with new sheet metal,weld,have bodyshop smooth it all out and paint.It sounds easy but im sure it wont be lol.

This is what I want as far as quarter panel looks go -aggressive but smooth outwards flow.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I am a fan of RWB old school Porsches, I don't want to do a rivet on flare on this car.It was RWB & Liberty Walk who really got put out there with this style.I liked it but now there is so many knock offs of that style going on the crappiest of cars.I've seen rusted out "stance" cars of every make with rivet flares and IMO its taking away from what used to be exclusive because of the pricing of real quality kits.So on my car I want to do something that can't be easily duplicated,plus I want to be very involved in the whole process.I don't do fiberglass work so custom metal work it will be.

I am going for that oem style yes but i will be working my own quarters not buying FRP panels.This will be a street car that gets driven so I need it as sturdy as possible.Basic plan is to slit the quarters and pull them out into position.Fill in the gap with new sheet metal,weld,have bodyshop smooth it all out and paint.It sounds easy but im sure it wont be lol.

This is what I want as far as quarter panel looks go -aggressive but smooth outwards flow.

That sounds awesome. Also, plexiglass back/quarter windows with vents for the win ! Do it ! You know you want to.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Exhaust sounds awesome, nice selection on the 997 aero/white.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:11 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Good job, not my taste, but clean work.

Now, question... you went through ALL That work to re-paint the calipers, and instead of "Porsche" logo on it, you used "Brembo"?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:21 AM
shardul
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good. we need to meet up to take car of my wheels
Old 01-13-2016, 01:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Porsche brakes are Brembo (sure you know) and I for one like the Brembo logo across the calipers. They are not Porsche brakes they are Brembo brakes Porsche uses. So the Brembo logo maybe actually more fitting

Originally Posted by alexb76

Now, question... you went through ALL That work to re-paint the calipers, and instead of "Porsche" logo on it, you used "Brembo"?
Old 01-13-2016, 01:48 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

That looks nice... but IMO done right a wide body look done right is perfection. I guess just can't shake these images to an all smooth look. That said one of the best wide body projects ever was on the werks1 RSR 997 by Champion car... last pictures.

Please do this (any wide body set up) as this forum needs a bew build to follow!!!
Attached Images     
Old 01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
shardul
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last 2 pics are perfection

do you know how much the whole kit costs
Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Para82
Exhaust sounds awesome, nice selection on the 997 aero/white.
Thanks,took a while to find a white one with aerokit.Well over a year to be exact.

Originally Posted by alexb76

Yup,as mickfluff explains below our brakes are Brembo's with Porsche stickers.IMO the Porsche letters on the calipers are too small and caliper isn't big enough to put bigger letters.The font used just doesn't pull it off properly.

Originally Posted by shardul
looks good. we need to meet up to take car of my wheels
Yes we do.

Porsche brakes are Brembo (sure you know) and I for one like the Brembo logo across the calipers. They are not Porsche brakes they are Brembo brakes Porsche uses. So the Brembo logo maybe actually more fitting
I myself thought it gave it more look,the Porsche logo is just too skinny.I tried to alter the vinyl but it just wasn't gonna work how I wanted it.I'm very happy with the Brembo logo instead.

That looks nice... but IMO done right a wide body look done right is perfection. I guess just can't shake these images to an all smooth look. That said one of the best wide body projects ever was on the werks1 RSR 997 by Champion car... last pictures.

Please do this (any wide body set up) as this forum needs a bew build to follow!!!
That RSR 997 is amazing! Oh and dont worry it wont be all smooth.It will have functional vents to break it up.I'm collecting parts already,next up is tires.Really just need to get my buddies Lambo work out of my way so I can start on mine.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:27 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Current situation - 355/30-19

Car is back on stock wheels while I rebuild my HRE to a black tone setup.My friend is likely gonna buy them from me.Now for the widebody plans I really would like the HRE Classic 305's but I can't spend $6400 right now on just wheels.Also the tire cost is just plain silly with these sizes.If I find a cheap enough used set of HRE 542's i will just rebuild them to widebody spec myself.That model has always been a favorite of mine.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Any thought on a offset plus spacer combo?
A lot depends on how wide your planning to go.
Any more progress? I am talking with a custom shop in New England about doing a custom fabrication wide body possible project on my black areo car.

How wide is the set up your looking to do?

Current situation - 355/30-19

Car is back on stock wheels while I rebuild my HRE to a black tone setup.My friend is likely gonna buy them from me.Now for the widebody plans I really would like the HRE Classic 305's but I can't spend $6400 right now on just wheels.Also the tire cost is just plain silly with these sizes.If I find a cheap enough used set of HRE 542's i will just rebuild them to widebody spec myself.That model has always been a favorite of mine.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:47 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Any progress on your build?
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 AM
alleykat
Instructor

Any progress on your build?
Im way busy with work so car is on hold for right now.I dont even know when the last time I drove it was.

Quick Reply: Alex from Houston , this is my 911 C2S