Sponsored by:

997.2S in Cary

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:47 AM
mroadie65
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2S in Cary

Body kit looks incomplete to me, like it needs sideskirts to finish the look. Spoiler may be overkill for a daily driver though. Otherwise, what do you guys think of the price? I'm sure there's some wiggle room, say ~$2-3k, depending how motivated they are to move it.

https://leith.porschedealer.com/preo...10458/info.php
Attached Images   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2009-Porsche-911-Carrera-S.pdf (357.9 KB, 85 views)
Old 09-08-2015, 12:15 PM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good to me if it checks out.

Gary
Old 09-08-2015, 02:09 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 142 Posts

Looks like the FVD rear deck and spoiler.....very expensive...

http://www.fvd.net/us/en/Porsche-0/9..._-Look%60.html

and the front lip is.....

http://www.fvd.net/us/en/Porsche-0/9...yurethane.html

I say both good pieces to have...
Old 09-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Any accidents? Not bad if it checks out.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice car, but for the miles, seems a bit overpriced for this year car.

all the best....
Old 09-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the spoiler/body kit but if you like it and it passes a ppi, that seems like a pretty decent price on a 997.2 S.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:15 PM
mroadie65
AutoX

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Any accidents? Not bad if it checks out.
No accidents...2 owner car, the 2nd being the selling dealer it seems, according to it's Carfax.

Originally Posted by NAM VET
nice car, but for the miles, seems a bit overpriced for this year car.
all the best....
What do you think an 09S with the same mileage/options should sell for? (disregard the aftermarket stuff on it)
Old 09-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Get an independent PPI

I don't dislike the front and rear aero pieces, but like you said, the sills look very plain--like there is a bit missing in the middle that the PO didn't install.

The price seems high to me, too. I would be interested in hearing how willing they are to move down.

As to dealing with Leith, get an independent PPI. Leith has an absolutely terrible Porsche service department and you can't trust what they say. I took my car there and was one and done. Several items under warranty that they couldn't/wouldn't fix and then when I got it back, it looked like they'd washed it with used toilet water. There was not a single aspect of the experience that was positive. Even the loaner used Toyota that they gave me smelled. I took my car over to Performance in Chapel Hill and never looked back.

And don't think that buying the car there will help you. It won't. I have two friends that didn't take my advice and bought 911s there. They both regret it. The service department are equal opportunity customer-fu(%ers.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:10 PM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the price is high considering the mileage. While the price is on the low side considering it is a 2009 C2S, it still has 58k miles.

I bought a 2009 Base C2 Cab out of state back in the winter and paid 52.5 plus the CPO though it only had 20k on the clock. (I really wanted an S, but this one was impeccable, couldn't justify the extra money for the S, and the price was right)

You may be able to find something with less miles out there which would be more desirable.

I will mirror what Iceter said. I have not done business with Leith Porsche, though have receive the same rotten treatment from Leith Honda and Leith Acura and I will never set foot on any of their properties again. Performance in Chapel Hill will take care of you.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
mroadie65
AutoX

Iceter and gopirates, good to know. That's very surprising since it is a marquee car, can't believe they gave you a smelly Toyota as a loaner. But yeah, I'd prefer a low mileage .2 and since the winter months are almost here, I'm sure it would be worth the wait. I mean I've waited 40+ years so what's another couple of months for my first Porsche.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:06 AM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mroadie, since it does not appear to be a CPO car, I wouldn't be too concerned about dealer service experiences. There are several good indy shops in the area that can maintain the car as it is intended to be.
We all know no matter what the dealership, there are always going to be horror stories. To me, they are all pretty much the same. Just don't set the bar too high. LOL
As for the price, well that's always negotiable... either they meet your expectations or they don't. If they do, great! If they don't, you have a choice to make. How does it compare to listings at other dealerships?
Oh, if you do end up with the car and don't like the aero bits, they'll work well on ours!!

Good luck,
Gary
Old 09-09-2015, 11:43 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

better check the condition of the brakes and tires, at 58000 it probibly needs both, plus who knows what else. if it was 100% they would cpo it. But they know its going to take alot of money to bring it to condition. (they have already inspected it and know what it needs) ask them to do a complete cpo inspection and let you know the findings. before you make a offer on it. Also chances are with the body mods there may be some other performance mods they arent describing
Old 09-09-2015, 12:17 PM
mroadie65
AutoX

Here's the response I got this morning from Nathan concerning the mods. Doesn't sound like he knows either lol.

-----------------------------

Manny,

The 2009 Porsche 911 S has the following aftermarket parts:

1. Bilstein coilovers
2. fabspeed
3. GT3 RS front turn signals
4. GT3 RS front body extenders
5. GT3 RS front body chin
6. GT3 RS style rear wing (Unknown aftermarket brand)
7. Front dive planes

Here is a link the Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=DON_0

Here is a link to a short walk around video of the car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PlfamSAGZc&feature=youtu.be

Nathan Hansen
Porsche Sales

Old 09-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Iceter
Drifting

It would not be a safe assumption that the techs at Leith Porsche have checked anything, as they are hacks. Trusting them to do a PPI on their own car would be idiotic. To paraphrase the immortal words of Eugene Mirman, hiring Leith to check out their own car would be like hiring an insincere baby to solve a crime that it committed.

And gr1275, you are absolutely right. On the internet, you can always find someone who has something bad to say about a person, place or business. I have lived in Raleigh over 30 years and I can say without exaggeration that the number of people that I have talked to who had a bad experience at a Leith store outnumber the good experiences by at least ten to one. When a reputation like that develops over decades, it's due to the culture of the company, not a few random bad actors.

But specifically, the Porsche service department is one of the worst I have ever encountered--and I have worked at two dealerships and worked with many, many more over the course of my career.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Originally Posted by mroadie65
Here's the response I got this morning from Nathan concerning the mods. Doesn't sound like he knows either lol.

-----------------------------

Manny,

The 2009 Porsche 911 S has the following aftermarket parts:

1. Bilstein coilovers
2. fabspeed
3. GT3 RS front turn signals
4. GT3 RS front body extenders
5. GT3 RS front body chin
6. GT3 RS style rear wing (Unknown aftermarket brand)
7. Front dive planes

Here is a link the Carfax:
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=DON_0

Here is a link to a short walk around video of the car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PlfamSAGZc&feature=youtu.be

Nathan Hansen
Porsche Sales

Pffffft. That mirrors my brief experience with their sales department.

For a small store that deals with one high-end marque only, the fellow I spoke with when I was shopping for my car didn't seem to know much about the cars in general and didn't know a thing about the cars he had in inventory.

Quick Reply: 997.2S in Cary