Sponsored by:

New Member. 997.2 Turbo S GIAC FBO/Meth

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015 | 04:49 PM
longboarder
Pro

Default New Member. 997.2 Turbo S GIAC FBO/Meth

What's up Rennlist.

Just joined. I have a 997.2 Turbo S. Running the GIAC Champion 9-second package +. This car is not driven to Cars and Coffee lol. It's raced at Airstrip, Dragstrip and Track events. Purchased CPO in 2013 and has been bullet-proof reliable.

List of mods is as follows:

GIAC custom tune at 30psi mid-range, tapering to 18 redline.
Champion intercoolers
IPD plenum and y-pipe
BBI exhaust with 200 cell FJS cats
Custom M1 injection system

Stats all backed up by slips or vBox runs documented on another forum:

Highest trap 1/4 mile 135.6 mph at Famoso. Ran 6 times in a row back to back all 135+. No cool downs.
Just backed it up a couple weekends ago at the slowest track out west with a 10.2 @ 134.3 at Fontana 90 degrees +1% incline street tires.
Highest VBox 1/4 mile trap 136.7 at Shift Sector airstrip event.
Best 0-60 on vBox at drag strip with street tires 2.405 seconds +3% incline.
Best 60-130mph 6.477 at Shift Sector Airstrip 1:30pm 80 degrees F track surface temp 150+ flat slope no glory run BS.

I have tons of race vids on my YouTube channel at longboarder949:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w

Cheers.
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:15 PM
longboarder
Pro

pic:
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:20 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Very nice!

So, all the mods don't void the Warranty?
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:25 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM
Very nice!

So, all the mods don't void the Warranty?
They might, however it's good to know that Champion Motorsports has issued me a written umbrella warranty, in case that anything goes wrong with my car and Porsche CPO does not cover, Champion will make it right by either shipping my car to their South Florida location or having one of their West Coast affiliates diagnose and fix it. Good for the life of my CPO which is until October 2016.

Champion has gone as far as come out to airstrip events to support me and work with GIAC in reviewing my datalogs to create the most powerful tune for the 997.2 Turbo S, which is shared only by myself and Efi's upgraded turbo 997.2.
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:28 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Must be nice to "know" people, lol....
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:29 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very nice! Welcome! Post some more pictures please! I see the bbi sticker, very nice.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:39 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Very nice! Welcome! Post some more pictures please! I see the bbi sticker, very nice.
Thx. I know you guys do events with them. I'll have to make it out to one soon. Great group over there. Joey built my suspension using Ohlins R&T coils and some other bits to tighten down the rear. Car is ridiculously fast at the track. 750+ horsepower, full traction and insane grip, dialed chassis with carbon brakes makes for a package that is hard to beat.
Old 08-18-2015 | 05:45 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx. I know you guys do events with them. I'll have to make it out to one soon. Great group over there. Joey built my suspension using Ohlins R&T coils and some other bits to tighten down the rear. Car is ridiculously fast at the track. 750+ horsepower, full traction and insane grip, dialed chassis with carbon brakes makes for a package that is hard to beat.
Yes! We love bbi. They're a great crew. I think we are looking at October 17th for the next Coffee & Cars event. Haven't announced it yet, but it's looking like that'll be the next date. Sounds like they got it set up great. Definitely want to see the car in person, it looks soooo clean! I may have though?.. Says you've been to some Shift S3ctor events. (I'm one of the grid girls that does the flagging).
Old 08-18-2015 | 06:54 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Yes! We love bbi. They're a great crew. I think we are looking at October 17th for the next Coffee & Cars event. Haven't announced it yet, but it's looking like that'll be the next date. Sounds like they got it set up great. Definitely want to see the car in person, it looks soooo clean! I may have though?.. Says you've been to some Shift S3ctor events. (I'm one of the grid girls that does the flagging).
Ha. We've met then. You are probably in my vid of the last one at the starting line then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECGdOqYMrtI

I've been to all the Shift Sector events in Cali. I sometimes hang with the Shift Sector crew either terrorizing the toll roads or just up to general mischief.
Old 08-18-2015 | 07:10 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by longboarder
Ha. We've met then. You are probably in my vid of the last one at the starting line then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECGdOqYMrtI

I've been to all the Shift Sector events in Cali. I sometimes hang with the Shift Sector crew either terrorizing the toll roads or just up to general mischief.
Only saw Fishy pants (aka Ryan) and Jason sending you down the grid, but I'm sure I've sent you before. Small world.

Quick Reply: New Member. 997.2 Turbo S GIAC FBO/Meth