Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 point harness mounting options

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015 | 04:29 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Default 6 point harness mounting options

Hi all; working on installing a OMP fixed back seat and 6 pt harnesses with a roll bar setup. The one thing I can't get my head around is how I mount the lap belt and sub belts.

Anyone know the best options for mounting sub belts? I am ok for bolting in or going less extreme. Ideal is to have removable I-bolts to bolt in to?

As for the lap belt, is there any easy way to mount it safely and keep 3 pt belt functionality for the drive to/from track?

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2015 | 09:24 AM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Sub belts will mount to a sub bar under the seat. The sub bar is typically mounted to the floor mount. This is a bar that spans the floor mounts and your belts will wrap the bar, under the seat. Check out the offerings from Brey-Krause. Lap belts can be fastened to the side mounts with eye bolts and D rings.
Old 07-28-2015 | 09:25 AM
Canyonrs4
Rennlist Member

I used the Brey Krause sub bar and accessories to keep the inboard lap belt functional.

http://www.bkauto.com/category_s/174.htm
Old 07-28-2015 | 10:09 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by Canyonrs4
I used the Brey Krause sub bar and accessories to keep the inboard lap belt functional.

http://www.bkauto.com/category_s/174.htm
Are those the most secure way of mounting lap belt?

Thanks for all the replies guys I really appreciate it. !
Old 07-28-2015 | 10:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Brey Kraus sub belt mount...it works the best
Old 07-29-2015 | 11:46 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Yeah I ended up going with that mount setup, OMP HTE-R XL (carbon version), have hans device, schroth profiii 6pt harness, and deciding on roll bars. Probably go with cantrel or RSS930 that mount to shock towers. Kind of sad I must sacrifice my Bose subs. Worth it though. Going to feel completely safe + covered on track with this equipment + lockton on my side.

I also went with an OMP cup type steeringwheel, momo hub, QD. This will no longer be daily.

Wallet bleeding but it's good equipment I can re-use in future track dedicated cars and convert this puppy back to stock should the need to sell ever arise.

Also, MDRUMS: I've been stalking all your old posts on this same issue

Quick Reply: 6 point harness mounting options